The woman received a doctorate in 102 years. That's what an irresistible thirst for knowledge!

If you set a goal, then it is imperative to strive for. It should be a guiding light for you in life. You have to go for it until you reach the desired result. Nothing should interfere with you: the opinion of others, any barriers or age.

But with such a small parting words, I decided to start this article. The key to it will be exactly the age of the protagonist, who has not stopped her to achieve this goal. Ingeborg Rapoport recently defended her doctoral thesis at the age of 102 years. But the most interesting person in this story seems to me everything that preceded this event.

Our story begins back in 1937. Then Ingeborg graduated doctorate and wrote about a very important issue at the time - diphtheria. But due to the fact that her mother was Jewish, Ingeborg not admitted to the final part of the exam, which was a normal practice in the era of Hitler.

Many years later, Ingeborg decided to write a letter to the University of Hamburg, which told her story. The current board has decided to correct this injustice, and three professors of the Faculty of Medicine went to Ms. Rapoport, who now lives in Berlin.

Friends helped women prepare for the exam, because for the past 78 years the treatment of diphtheria has changed dramatically. But Ingeborg took into account all the innovations. Her answer struck professors, and she received her doctorate.

« It was a matter of principle. I did it to honor the victims of the Third Reich i> », - said Ingeborg.

That such people should inspire the current younger generation. Learning is never too late! If you agree with me, then tell your friends about Ingeborg, she deserves to know about it the whole world.

via ofigenno ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting