9 simple rules for search on Google. Crib, which will help save your time!

A friend of mine for a long time could not learn how to use the Internet. When at last the science has it mastered, she said, rather strange, in my opinion, the comparison: «Use a search engine - it's not you spoke to knit when every finger knows their job and you can completely turn off the brain». I> Probably something in it, because no one wants to happen as in the famous fairy tale: "Go there, do not know where, bring it, I do not know that».

We offer to your attention the 9 rules for using the search engine Google, which you probably did not even know!

1. How to find an exact phrase or word form? B>

Using the operator "." Conclude the desired word or phrase in quotation marks, and Google will search for web pages that have exactly the same phrase (word form).

example:

[«I write to you»] i>

2. How to find the quote, which omitted the word? B>

I forgot word in quotation? Take the whole quote in quotes, but instead passed the word an asterisk *. Quote there with forgotten words!

example:

[«night * Street pharmacy»] i>

3. How to find any of several words? B>

Simply list all that apply through a vertical slash: |. Google will search the documents with any of these words.

example:

[pineapple | grouse | champagne] [apartment (remove | sell | buy) in London] i>

4. Find words within the same sentence? B>

Use the operator with the beautiful name "ampersand" - &. If you connect the word ampersand, Google finds documents where these words are in the same sentence.

example:

[monument to Pushkin & Pskov] i>

5. How to find a document containing a particular word? B>

Put before the appropriate keyword plus sign (+), without separating it from the word space. The request can include multiple binding words.

example:

[Sholokhov Monument Boulevard +] i>

6. To exclude a word from your search? B>

Put the sign - (minus) before the word that you do not want to see the answers. So it is possible to eliminate even a few words.

example:

[Mumiy Troll cartoon - rock - Lagutenko] [knitting scheme - buy] i>

7. How to search for a particular site? B>

For this fit the operator site. It allows you to specify a query directly into the site where you want to look for. Just be sure to put a colon after the site.

example:

[Constitution of the RF site: consultant (dot) ru] [Mayakovsky window site: lib (dot) ru] i>

8. How to search for documents of a certain type? B>

You need an operator mime. Put in a request mime, a colon, and then the type of document that you need. For example, pdf or doc.

example:

[application for a passport mime: pdf] i>

9. How do I search websites in a particular language? B>

With operator lang. After lang need to put a colon and write the language in which you want the documents. If this is the Russian language, it is necessary to specify the ru, if the Ukrainian - ua. The Belarusian language is referred to as be, English - en, French - fr.

The Internet can become a reliable assistant in the search for information, if you learn to use them correctly. Tell your friends about this crib, surely these tips will be useful to them!

via ofigenno ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting