In unicellular found a copy of the eye of the higher animals: the eye is the similarity of the elements that resemble the lens, the cornea, the pupil and the retina

The fact that scientists have previously taken for the remains of plankton eaten by an animal, оказалось copy eyes higher animals. Glazopodobnaya structure at динофлагеллят It consists of organelles such as the lens, the cornea, the pupil and the retina. The powerful lens surround mitochondria - they took the shape of the cornea, the retina consists of plastids. Plastids which are responsible for extracting energy from sunlight in this case to detect rearranged light.

Function glazopodobnoy structure or otselloida unknown. But the function of plastids, which began detecting light, suggesting that the body helps to track down their prey. Plastids fix change the refraction of light as it passes through the prey and predatory organism knows where to go.

Finding scientists demonstrates that glazopodobnye structure emerged in animals and protozoa, independently of each other, but with one purpose - to determine the intensity and direction of light.

The internal organization of the mesh body resembles the polarizing filters on the lenses of cameras and film on sunglasses - hundreds of membranes have been laid out in parallel rows. Brian Leander (Brian Leander) i> blockquote>

Otselloid under a microscope i>

The structure otselloida i>

Source: geektimes.ru/post/252976/

Tags

See also

New and interesting