Sweets from the USSR

Hello dear!
Today we will continue with you nastalgirovat. And some people might discover something new )
Today let's talk about cakes, ice cream parlors, where the same without them, right?
Let's start with the first one, that is to say with the cakes.
In any country grocery store at the time, you can find several kinds of cakes. This "eclair" (or in another brewing), "shortbread" basket with cream and rolls with cream. All of them were worth 22 kopecks. By the way, did you know that the name "eclair" invented in the 19th century, the famous French chef Marie-Antoine Careme. So in French called lightning and cakes got a name for the speed of production and shiny appearance
15 photos via 76-82

Such are eklerchiki

In addition to these stores sometimes you could buy honey cake and Smetannikov for the same money. Slightly less cost ubiquitous "Potatoes" - from 16 to 18 cents. The same number (16 cents) was the price of the cake with raisins. Cheaper could take only a biscuit "ring" - 8 cents, baking for 10, with a cream bun - 10 well and a bagel with poppy seeds for 6 cents. But Baba, in which, to be honest, I only like delicious frosting, cost 25 cents - not less

Kartofan

It is understood that the flavor is largely dependent on the production site. For example, in Leningrad and "eclairs" and "baskets" were tastier than in Ukraine, but the "potato" and bagels with poppy seeds, on the contrary I do not know what's the trick That is, it was necessary to determine which city had its bestsellers and it is their buy

Attraction "do not let the cream thrown out on the ground»

I remember it was still a shortbread cake "Karpaty" that whenever brought guests, and I absolutely loved But "Leningrad set" adored. Remember, these mini treats in a beautiful box, which was only here in Leningrad (Captain Obvious once again happy for me). However, they can buy now, although this is not a few. How much it cost then in the USSR - I do not remember, but certainly not cheap - I have this same set is not particularly spoiled

Around and looked "Leningrad set»

The holiday was when bought cake. Still love Wafer chocolate, which is now called the "Baltic". He did not cost much, with respect to (1 ruble 10 kopecks, as I remember) and vkusnyuchy was ... But others like cakes - "Polar" and "Surprise" as it is not really tried. Did not like.

Particularly pleased nodules chocolate

Still there was such a thing as butter log. Hi all diets - an eerie amount of calories, probably - but tasty Something like a big creamy sausage, nuts, and the top has a cream moschschschny In general, hard thing - but I destroyed them as Papa Carlo to work on the perfect Pinocchio

Something like this ..:

But with a big cake napryazhenka. Really. I remember once, only the "fairy tale" for 1 ruble 90, "Prague" - a sort of version of the famous Sacher now, and absolute bestseller childhood - "Kiev". In Ukraine, I had to load up enough, though it cost expensive - about 4 rubles, but in Leningrad it was not to get it in principle.

Authentic "Prague" of those times

They say that some ordered directly from Kiev - he's dry inside - so that you can negotiate with the conductor - she brought home on the train. The price was from 15 to 20 rubles per cake. Shes such a profit If you remember any more - tell / show. BUT just purchased! What a great variety of homemade cakes, we will not touch you - because this conversation is not one post

That's what I call Kiev oligarhinya!

But the most great delicacy children in our time was, of course, "dairy product enriched air" (full title for guests) or simply ice cream IMHO the most delicious ice cream in the Soviet Union we had in Leningrad. But possible variations

More than 2 hands not give !!!

The most chic was to go to the cafe-freezer, the type is still quite recently functioning "Froggy" on Nevsky. Scoops of ice cream, certainly in the memorable metal kremanki, and somehow with aluminum spoons. His (ice cream) could pour syrup or sprinkle with chocolate and / or nuts. It was possible that the second and the third time. Price per one hundred grams was from 19 to 23 cents.

Especially memorable are

And be sure to take a milkshake for 11 cents (Mmmm ... the taste of childhood), or cocktail float (in orange juice ice cream) for 18. It's not just chic - chic and cubed
Variations of ice cream was usually 3 - butter, creme brulee, chocolate. At least - the fruit.

The device from which the heart-stopping))

Again, do not forget about the various jellies and souffle, which can be purchased in most of these ice cream parlor. I remember in the Ukraine, the local "Paddling" cafe called "Pinocchio", and ice cream there, by the way, was so-so, but the jelly but was such that for him would be to sell Pioneer tie, a set of icons and program from a football match at a time

As of this past could pass?

And I still have some reason a lasting impression on the ethereal taste (and expensive) ice cream, which I was able to try the hotel bar closed "October". I do not remember what I was so struck by this ice cream, but it was divine.

That it is only 30 times better

As an option to buy ice cream sold by weight I recall occasions when the House of Officers in Sertolovo, where I lived in 1985 in the spring, every Saturday and Sunday from Voyentorg brought the ice cream, which is the same balls packed, but not in the ice-cream bowls, and crispy wafer cups. Moreover, these cups were so delicious that in mind remember that they, and not the ice cream.

Something similar ...

Another alternative to milk sold by weight goodies was the so-called "soft ice cream." Not really, I love him now, not very fond of and then (again seen from a dirty bucket poured into the machine feeds). But there was one exception. As it arrived in a handsome Kiev, already at the airport Juliani, I received for good behavior apricot soft serve. And it is so liked me, that parents had to please me 3 more times - on Khreschatyk, Andreevskom and Darnitsa

Freezer for the production of soft ice cream in Ukraine

And so far, Kiev I often associated not only with a lot of the most beautiful girls on one square kilometer, with greens and beauty of streets and squares, with majesty of the mighty Dnieper, but also with the taste of the very child soft apricot ice cream.

Tags

See also

New and interesting