Happiness is here and now

Older sister (28 years difference) swore when I was eating a raspberry bush. Because raspberries - for jam. Here comes the winter - and how it will be pleasant to open the jar of homemade jam.

Somehow she did not think that there is a jam in the summer - too perfectly. And pluck from the bush near the blue berries of ripeness - delight.

In fact, nothing was there. Neither strawberries (jam!) Or buckthorn (dried and stewed fruit) or mushrooms (salt).

It was the summer residence of my father, which he had bought and where reluctantly went only because the child (me) needed a fresh air (as well as lice, persistent indigestion and mites on the head).

Dad went out into the yard (aka garden), only to sunbathe. He was spit on jams, pickles and other crap with parsley - all on the market to sell buckets.

But as a child (I) of the desired raspberry bush, then my sister and I had to make trouble. She could not calm down, that stocks under threat.
She somehow not lived now, she has always had plans for the distant future: berries - for winter, black caviar - the New Year.

This is an amazing character trait - the inability to have fun today.
We must defer to stock, prepare for a special moment when you can afford a bit of joy. And, most importantly, to forbid others to enjoy.

The friend told me that his aunt (age as my sister) caught it, too, in the country, as he sought home for some bun or sweet, and said: "Enough gad!" Not that she was going to use it on the farm . To the question: "Why?" - She replied, "But nothing!" And make him sit in the room.

Well - it's bad.

The mother of my friend before each holiday experiences panic. She mereschatsya earthquake, flood, robbery, disease. Too scared to leave the house - suddenly a fire, for example. She does not trust her husband. Believes that this teetotaler drunk immediately, lit - and, of course, falls asleep with a cigarette. Maybe even lead what some shalashovok that vykradut her curtains. Or whatever it valuable.

Can not be so simply go somewhere and have a good time there.
For idleness and happiness must pay anxiety.

I have a friend who earnestly utter such aphorisms:
- It can not be just as good. Maybe something will happen.

These statements knock me out. I can not understand what it was about. I think that if you now good, then it will be even better. because you absorb you pleasure, and it is tan sticks to your skin, it protects you from the difficulties of life.

I had a very severe depression, and in that time I also thought that happiness is when I called ... more cause. Not now. Need a good reason to feel joy.

This syndrome has a name - "anhedonia." And "social agnosia." Psychiatrists will beat me to the writings of Jung for the use of the term in vain, but angedonisty - too beautiful and appropriate name for people who spoil every minute of your life, barring enjoy.

Recently anhedonia has become so massive that it hits.

Lecturing on Facebook a picture of herself on the ocean - and immediately catch the reproaches that died Valeriya Novodvorskaya, Boeing crashed, new sanctions imposed in Donetsk railway tanks smashed and stuff. Do you personally and your shorts, and a towel, and sunscreen to blame.

People cling to these really tragic events that they distract them from even smaller, but still joys. This feeling that suffer, grieve and be afraid it became fashionable.

That honestly: I'm not afraid.

In life there is always something frightening or disturbing. With other people, with entire countries to your country with your friends and your life. Often from hard, and you are going through and sympathize, or you have very bad times, but the way of the world.

There is no other conception of life. It never ends, prosperity will not fall down on us suddenly and forever.

If you can enjoy today, do it.

The father of my girlfriend, who was in the Soviet Union twenty years made it impossible to make a film, had huge debts. But whenever he reborrow money, the whole family went to the restaurant. And not even to eat, and to feel that life - is not only a lack of money, longing and the Soviet censors. He charges that - and saved himself. (Long if you are interested, then he gave.)

You see, we do not remember then bad and good. All displaced terrible and good breaks out in our memories and shining as if it had just namyli and polished. And we live only to these passages, not a succession of troubles and tribulations.

I while I was depressed, afraid of flying. Before fainting. Then again learned to do it, but aerophobia passes slowly and painfully - by force of habit.

And once I take my place, I look out the window and realize that it is not afraid. No fly, no break or die. Because I'm happy. And I have for this is no objective reason. I have not written a novel, for it has not received the Booker Prize, not invented a cure for cancer, do not bore five children.

I'm just happy. I feel good. I love my life. I eat raspberries from the bush and go for a vacation from vacation - and not because I have a bulk of money, but because they have the desire.

The trick is that if you're happy, you are not afraid to live or die.

Tags

See also

New and interesting