RC modeling post

Now it goes a little bit about the other models. I'll talk about my first (or second?) Hobbies, namely RC modeling. It all started in 2010, and I bought my first model-HSP Brontosaurus.

Much time has passed, and this was replaced by a balalaika Savage X (was good, oh good), but because it worked on methanol, in late 2012, it was decided to sell it. And now it will be about how I ordered a Baja 5B from America, as collected, and (yesterday) modify. Also we look a little bit inside a differential-RU "typewriter" -vdrug anyone interested?) Also I slept in the last post: D
Ready? Let's go!

So, after reading online, I decided to order a cart set-gather himself. This is interesting, and a wheelbarrow already includes additional tuning. We take no sense to overpay-10k, for what? By the way, all the tuning also take from behind a hill.
The order was made in December, and the car came in January 2013. Promptly probably) take with just such a mail box weighing 12kg

Inside the box is everything you need to build.
Pictures from that time left a bit, here's one, all scattered on the floor and going: D
Going two days, everything is easy if you follow the instructions

At the exit came here so that's a miracle for 26 cubes.
Since I was planning to invest at a minimum, and roll for the soul ... I have it not work out)
During the operation was replaced pretty much standard parts have been strengthened. And recent events have shown that it is necessary to strengthen further. So I took the bulkhead

Actually, the necessary parts for installation, the drive cup, differential housing, and new wheels. Why change the wheels, in the end tell

The first step was taken rollcage

And the two main gears, Spur and Pinion. Spur-large gear. Already from metal, plastic is in stock

I will not go into details, I think it is not necessary) already removed the box and preparing to bulkhead

And here's what a box of "transfer", although there is no regular-reducer. Right-differential, we need

Parse differential

Dismantling need to replace the cups drive. Parallel to this, it was decided to change the bearings and to sort itself diff. Here is all razderbanit, and preparing for the bulkhead. Satellites are separately

Mounted bearings in stock are conventional bushings. But we do not need them

Differential models filled with silicone oil of different viscosity. Then the oil is taken 1000WT. With the help of various oils can change the characteristics of the behavior of the model on the road, the truth is in this to make it problematic)

Everything in the collection,

Further, the process of replacing the drives themselves

Self-drive comparison driven by a 10 scale model

But look so old. They are 2 times thinner

Next, grease and put on the anthers.
Principle can do without lubrication and anthers, but I did not

Lever Right rear suspension already in the collection ... The same is done with the left hand

The next stage-replacement steering

The chuck assembly, start dismantling

Disassembly is simple, visible to the right servo force 35kg, 7.4V.
Rudder stock, the plate is not too dear, all replaced for better handling.
But we need to replace servoseyver-forth tell it

This servoseyver. It is needed in order to protect the servo from shock when jumping or irregularities on the road, against breakage. Spring fires, blow not transmitted to the machine.
Left to something that is required to deliver. Right something that once was.
We put a plastic version, since it does not hit the dirt will no longer work as they should

Well, the photo for the front suspension heap

Everything is going in reverse order, then change the thrust

Bottom-drain. Traction bent after replacing saver, need longer

The new thrust assembly

And now about the wheels.
Discs do not want to change, but the competition turned out that the standard is not particularly strong. Rubber mounted on bedlokah (large scale) and their povyryvalo with meat. Had mounted on screws, in order to reach at least as it

From America was ordered set of Proline-bedlokami with stronger, well and in appearance they prefer :)

Each bus is an insertion, it serves as the air in the car 1: 1

Drive assembly with a plastic rubber

The result was here such

In this movement causes the cart 26 cc 2-stroke engine with 3l.s. According to his passport accelerates to 60 km / h, to be honest, not tested.

Posted in [mergetime] 1405616160 [/ mergetime]
And finally, a little video from the competition.

Opportunity to write a little dull, I thought, but come out better if you have questions, ask, I'll try to answer.
I have all

Tags

See also

New and interesting