Does he have a future for rail R1?

07.09.2014, Russia | Yesterday Dmitry Medvedev visited the International Exhibition of Industry and Innovations "Innoprom 2014" in Yekaterinburg, where he inspected the showpiece rail R1, developed by the transport engineering "Uraltransmash" together with EDO "Atom".

Ural tram R1, which aroused great interest because of their own way, to put it mildly, not very common design was created (according to the chief designer of the project Alexey Maslov) as part of the architectural landscape of the city. The main motive of the tram design was black Ural gem in a metal frame, which is reflected in the urban landscape. The creators of the innovative tram promise that the showpiece will differ from serial no more than 10%.

Salon, I'm told, will be different, more practical, not as showy.

P.S. I love all the unusual, to break stereotypes, but the appearance of the Ural gems all the time makes you want to turn it upside down. Reverse angle of the driver's cab looks impressive, but whether it is necessary and appropriate from the standpoint of safety on the streets?

Even the new models of urban trams are just such a car (photo above) - When zooming in on a car or a person tram do not tighten them by itself, and pushes, reducing the risk of serious injury. I'm in the last year in Vienna witnessed the scene hitting low-floor tram in the cyclist - that simply was thrown into the bushes front end. I am afraid that R1 in a collision will crush and dragged under the bottom, leaning, as an icebreaker on the ice hummocks.

In addition to the issue of security of innovative forms of rail R1 there are doubts about the concept of product design as part of the urban landscape. In the picture, where skyscrapers and modern urban landscape, R1 looks great. But imagine this sparkling nugget of black glass on the street of the provincial Russian city with all its severe architectural heritage and way of life. How does this fit in extraterrestrial objects such urban landscape? I'm not to the fact that the tram in their appearance should correspond to the post-Soviet hruschoby, but, nevertheless, come to the village disco dressed as Darth Vader somehow ... well, weird, or what.

And, of course, success this interesting project. Let us see what happens really.

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting