About the dog.

Dogs are true friends of man who would never abandon us even in the most difficult moment, and we have not exchange even the most appetizing bone. If you want to know what is true love and friendship, then please create a dog and you will not regret it. This heartbreaking story happened to the old 16-year-old dog named Mason, who saved the life of his loving mistress with their lives. Sneaks to the core story read on ...
Quite a lot of pictures and text.

Meet is Steve Mason, or just Mason and he is an incredible dog, whom I met in my life, and he was my best friend for 16 years. This story is about how he died saving my life last

Mason was a mixture of different breeds: Husky, Labrador and Rottweiler. He was insanely funny furry ears. I chose it because of all the yapping puppy wearing and he was the only one who stopped to smell the flowers

He always liked to go hiking with me and encouraged me in them, not to give up and conquer the mountain range

He was obsessed with the destruction of the sticks, he liked to chew them and just cardboard, too, which could find

Mason also was the best friend and companion for my older brother. After many years, even when he saw my brother, he still cries out to him in his arms, as if he were a little puppy

All who knew him said that he was just a wonderful dog, which was better than many of the people they met

Over the past two years, he is much older. Most of his hearing and vision left him with a sense of balance

I have always been prepared for the fact that he would die in his sleep, or die in an accident in the campaign

But most of all I was afraid that he is old to the point where it is so old and weak that we would have to euthanize him. Honestly, I do not think it ever would be able to go for it. He was too special. It was the same Mason, he just aged.

He continued to walk with me to battle, refusing to settle down. He walked slowly and on a much smaller distance, but never gave up the campaign

This winter, I was hoping to arrange us with him as much adventure as I knew that his time was coming to an end.
March 5, we, together with him and three other neighboring young dogs decided to go in a short hike, before I go to work

About a mile from home when we walked through our snowy trail, I saw a figure in the distance, watching us. I immediately realized that it was a wolf. I did not see wolves in our valley for 15 years, wolves usually very secretive and hide from people, especially when they were there 4 dogs. Not wanting to risk, I turned toward the house, thinking that we shall pass the wolf not to worry any more about it.

A few minutes later a young dog barking raised, I turned and saw a half meters behind the wolf. He was huge, the height of his withers reached my hip. He looked frightened and insecure, but most of all hungry. We are in trouble. He attacked us, and the next 20 minutes, we fought back from him as they could. I beat his ski poles, until the dog bites him, trying to avoid being bitten by his teeth. He was weak, but he was a good fighter.

We fought side by side Mason. Wolf continued to look me in the eye, but it was clear that the victory was ours. And when the wolf is also understood it, he grabbed the smallest dog and attacked her. And at this very moment my frail old man rushed to the wolf, he looked very big and terrible, so fierce, I have not seen him ever. He rescued a puppy, but Wolf managed to break Mason's throat. It all happened in a split second. I've never screamed so loud. Every cell in my body was screaming to me that I had killed the wolf, he squeezed his eyes, pulled his throat, if I could. But if I tried to do it, the wolf would have killed me, with me were three other dogs I had to withdraw from there. It was already too late to do anything. Mason was dead and the wolf ate it.

The same wolf. This photo was taken the next morning the guards from the neighboring border station, not far from where he was mentioned. All I wanted to do at that time - was to kill him, despite the fact that he was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. And now, when it was all over, I do not hold it evil. He was very hungry and he was on the verge of death, he had to go for it because it was forced. I think he attacked the idea that most likely he would be killed, not hoping to get lucky. I hope that he will leave the valley unscathed.

I miss Mason, after his death, I had an emptiness inside. While I know that nothing could help him, but I did not leave the idea that after all, I could not save him. Most dogs die before the age of the fireplace in old age and infirmity. Mason left this world like a thunderbolt to save the life of me and 3 small dogs. He was my puppy, my grizzly, my brother, my friend, and he died as he lived.
My hero. I love you, buddy. Farewell.

That's the whole story ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting