Big Wash Soviet-style

Cleanliness handmade
The best cleanser for products from any tissue for a long time it was thought (and, by the way, rightly) soap. I remember how he planed on a grater, were thrown into the hot water and dipped to linen - soak. Soak a couple of hours, and you can proceed to the actual washing.

It rescued at this stage washboard - ribbed metal surface, encased in a wooden frame.
The second phase was a boiling wash. And how! Without it, the bed linen is not acquired (according to the housewives) of sufficient purity and whiteness.
On the plate put up zdorovuschie galvanized tanks, which filled with water, fill the washing soda and the same soap (before washing powders) and stacked bed sheet, duvet covers, pillow cases, school white aprons, lace curtains and nakidushki pillows, diapers, etc., and so forth. The windows are sweating, the whole apartment was crawling specific "flavor" Remember ... scary!

After boiling the laundry should rinse in cold water to remove the soap. Citizen was used in this bath, residents of villages - open water. The hands were freezing, the skin on them becomes stiff and ugly. And cold sustavchikov not happy, failure long before the age norm.
White, crunchy
After rinsing particularly zealous citizen laundry bluing. My grandmother, I remember, was a special bag made of thick cotton cloth, which was sprinkled on the dry blue. Grandmother lowered into a bath bag and hang it there until the water reaches the desired shade.

By the way, this very concentrated solution blueprints we tinted jeans. Then it turned out that our intuition did not fail: the inexpensive paint and was thus "Indigo", which in factories paint brand of cotton!
The pride of the housewives were bed linens not only boil-and-white (by the way, bed linen was at the time exclusively white), but crispy on the starch. Starch can be bought in the store, but some citizen preparing it yourself. For example, here on such recipes, which are printed in the popular Soviet women's magazine "The worker»:
In order to obtain starch should peel potatoes, grate it on a small grater, add water, then strain through a sieve, let stand, drain the water and the remaining starch brew as usual;

On the day of the intended wash cook the pasta, drain the water with them in a separate pan and it should starch underwear.
Here's a "HOUSEHOLD" cooking times of the USSR.
Long live SMS!
SMS in this case - is not able to transmit text messages to your mobile device (mobile phone), and the abbreviation of the detergents. The first Soviet synthetic powder "News" was released in 1953 on the basis of the products extracted from whale hydrogenated fat (hydrogenated fat).
Then came powders "Astra", "Era", "Lotus", "Whirlwind", "Birch" and so forth. If memory serves me correctly, almost all of them have been designed that will be used for boiling laundry. SMS with bio-additives, with which you can wash in cool water, invented much later.

Washing Machine "Riga", which resembles a barrel was in the 70s a luxury.
There were also washing paste, sold in jars puzatenky opaque plastic. I particularly remember this pasta called "Little Boy": diaper she washes very good faith, and does not cause negative consequences for children (especially my son) in the form of allergy. However, it does not smell of perfume, and the usual children's soap ...
From simple to complex
I well remember how in our family there was a washing machine. By the entrance of the truck pulled up in the back of which was the construction of wooden beams. Inside - something taller than me (I was about two years), a cylindrical shape. The driver with his grandfather somehow unloaded "it" to the ground under the cross glances neighbors poured into the streets to see the miracle of technology.
House car was released from the packaging and placed in a bath. Run it a couple of times a month, when accumulated a lot of laundry. The unit uterine growling, sometimes spilling onto the floor foam.
Wash clothes squeezed by a roller (they are screwed to the unit), but had to rinse manually.
The machine had served for more than thirty years and was removed from the home because replaced by a more perfect - "Siberia" with the centrifuge. She could and wash and wring out the laundry.

I must admit, like most Soviet citizens, I dreamed of having a "Vyatka-machine". Alas, reliable and modern machine was at the time a large deficit ...
However, I was lucky: a wealthy friend gave me a middle-aged, but it is a workable automatic assembly machine German. Try it (the machine) in the case, I realized - life is beautiful and amazing! What am I talking about, you do know it ...
P.S. A first car, bought grandfather, we do not throw away. She moved to the cottage to friends and still works ...
By the way ...
The first in the USSR automatic washing machine "Volga-10" was established in the early 1970s at Cheboksary plant them. VIChapaev. In 1975-1976 it was released a few thousand of these machines. However, there was no shelter from the electrical wiring required capacity, due to which the machine is not in great consumer demand. In 1977, she was taken out of production.

Source: ussrlife.blogspot.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting