Parkinson's disease, which used to be called "shaking palsy" - is a chronic neurodegenerative disease of the central nervous system, which manifests itself in the form of violations of voluntary movements. Fully recover from it can not be - the disease is irreversible. A hit man parkinsonism may at any age. From this small issue, you'll learn about famous people who suffer or have suffered with Parkinson.
1. The Legend of boxing Muhammad Ali for many years suffered from a form after a hard form of Parkinson's disease, which he was diagnosed in 1984.
2. The founder of surrealism, Salvador Dali Spaniard got the verdict from the doctors - "parkinsonism" at the age of 76 years. A year later, in 1982, died of his beloved wife, Gala, is especially accelerates disease progression
3. The star of the trilogy "Back to the Future," Michael J. Fox was diagnosed with early stage Parkinson's disease in 1991. For a long time actor concealing disease. However, in 2000, he still had to give up her acting career because of progressive disease.
4. Pope John Paul II also suffered from this debilitating disease. At the end of the life of the Pope had severe speech problems caused by Parkinson's disease.
5. Some experts believe that Adolf Hitler suffered from a number of chronic disorders, among which was also a Parkinson's disease.
6. Another German politician, longtime leader of East Germany Erich Honecker, also suffered from Parkinson's disease.
7. By the mid 70s the Great Helmsman Mao Zedong was so seriously ill with Parkinson's disease that have not been able to actively intervene in China's policy.
8. Musician Ozzy Osbourne for a long time believed that his trembling hands - is a consequence of long-term drug use. But in 2005, doctors have diagnosed - Parkinson's disease.
9. One of the most famous radical politicians of the second half of the 20th century, Yasser Arafat also suffered from the symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
10. One of the most famous poets of the sixties Andrei Voznesensky died June 1, 2010 after a long illness. At the end of the life of the poet also suffered with Parkinson.