Tips 40 - year

A few weeks after his thirtieth writer and entrepreneur Mark Manson addressed to my blog subscribers over 37 years, with a request to share their experiences, produced in the period from 30 to 40 years. Combine all the answers, Mark was an impressive piece of collective wisdom.

It responded to the request of more than 600 people, many of whom were sent detailed responses to several sheets. Analyzing them, not without surprise, Mark found that 5-6 councils repeatedly heard from many different people and in one form or another there are hundreds of times. Apparently, these are a few thoughts as accurately describe what happens to a person, exchanging the fourth decade.

Here are 10 of the most common tips from 600 letters sent to Mark - mainly in the form of direct quotations. Some pointed out the age and name, some wished to remain anonymous.

1. Begin to save for retirement now, without delay

I have lived up to 30 years, about anything without thinking, but after thirty you have to make a big financial breakthrough. Pension savings should not be delayed indefinitely. You must learn to understand how to construct such things as insurance, pension plan and mortgages, for now this burden rests on your shoulders.
- Cash, 41 years

The most important advice that was present in virtually every sent a letter - to immediately begin to build their financial well-being, to start saving for their retirement savings.

To this end, readers are invited to take the following steps:

Make it your main task to pay all the debts and credits as soon as possible.

Create a personal financial "stabilization fund" - thousands of people were left without livelihood due to health problems, lawsuits, divorces, business problems etc.

Spend part of each paycheck to the accelerated repayment of the loan or postpone it to a savings account.

Avoid frivolous purchases. Do not buy a house until you can secure the best terms available to you on a loan or mortgage.

Do not invest in something you do not understand. Do not trust stockbrokers.

One reader wrote: "If your debts exceed 10% of your salary for the year, this should serve as a serious warning to you. Stop unnecessary spending, pay off debt, start to make savings. "Another:" I would like to defer more money for a rainy day, because unanticipated spending literally killed my budget. And I would like to pay more attention to their pension savings, because now they have a very small. »

In some cases, big problems in life because of their inability to accumulate savings after thirty. A reader named Jody wished she had to postpone the start of 10% of each paycheck, when she was 30. Her career eventually derailed in their 57 she is still living paycheck to paycheck. Another 62-year-old woman also did not do personal sberezhny because her husband earned more. They subsequently divorced, and all money received after the divorce, she had to spend to solve the sudden onset of health problems. She, too, is still living from paycheck to paycheck with a view to end his days in a nursing home. Another reader said he is forced to live on the money his son, because he unexpectedly lost his job during the crisis of 2008, without having to run any savings.

They all agree on one thing: start saving money as soon as possible and as much as possible. Indicative of the story of a woman who at thirty years old, with two children, worked for low-skilled work and still manages to set aside funds in a retirement account. Since she started early enough and successfully invested savings, fifty for the first time she has achieved financial stability. Her words: "You can achieve anything you want. You just have to do it. »

2. Start taking care of your health now, without delay

Tags

See also

New and interesting