Extreme urban climbing in Russia

22-year-old photographer, Rufer and admirer of urban climbing Polatov Max demonstrates a new extreme fascination of the Russian youth.

1. Max Polatov balances over Moscow at an altitude of 130 meters, hooked foot behind the beam. Hanging in hundreds of meters above the ground, this daredevil plays in "climbing" version of Russian roulette. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

2. Small groups of young people have decided to conquer the tallest buildings in Moscow, at the risk of being detained by the police or accidentally falling from a great height. Photo: Max Polatov on the spire of a skyscraper at a height of 120 meters. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

3. Max conquers skyscrapers in Moscow 17 years. "Many people think I'm crazy - he said. - But while I hang over the edge of the building, I fully concentrate on your body and always plan all your actions in advance. I am not afraid, because I have to keep cool. But I would not recommend others to repeat these tricks without special training. " Photo: Max hangs over the edge of the building, caught his feet 80 meters above Moscow. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

4. "The majority of my photos I'm doing at an altitude of more than a hundred meters. So that death walks behind me, but I'm trying not to meet with her. " Photo: Max hangs from a building "Scarlet Sails" at an altitude of 180 m. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

5. Max and his friends are constantly faced with the guardians of the law, because what they are doing - is illegal. "I would not like to say, as we get on the roof, because each magician has to be a secret, - says Max. - Many tricks are illegal, and the people who make them, can be arrested. Rufer usually try to remain undetected. There are exceptions - when the major real estate companies give us the access to its buildings, such as apartment buildings and business centers. Such photo-make it an excellent advertising. " Photo: Max hanging on a ladder of 140 m above the ground. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

6. Extreme urban climbing has become a subculture of young people, and every year more and more young Russians aspire to the heavens. "I was never afraid of heights, on the contrary, I wanted to rise above the rest and look at the world from a different perspective." (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

7. "I started taking pictures of his antics, and many people are interested in my work. In recent years, the popularity of roofing skyrocketed. " (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

8. So far this passion Max has spread not only to the building of Moscow, and St. Petersburg, Kazan and Ufa. But someday he wants to go to the UK, France and even the United States. "My dream - New York - says Max. - As soon as I have enough money, I go there with my friends. I hope to bring interesting and exciting pictures. " (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

9. Max Polatov hanging on the crane at the construction site of the hotel in Moscow. The picture was taken at a height of 150 meters. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

10. Max Polatov teetering on the board at an altitude of 110 meters. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

11. Max Polatov doing a handstand at a height of 130 meters. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

12. Max hangs over the edge of the hotel "Moscow" near Red Square. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

13. On the Crimean bridge, the so-called "suicide bridge". (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

14. Activities at the edge. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

15. Over Moscow, at an altitude of 120 meters. (MAX POLATOV / BARCROFT)

Source: bigpicture.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting