Industrial climbing

Industrial climber anonymous told The Village, who goes to the high-altitude climbers, how much they earn, what's good work and dangerous than crazy with scissors.

For a job

Industrial climbing - a complicated matter, but quite exciting. Clearly remember the day when I first "hang out" on the high-rise. I was a student, and a friend who was just beginning to engage in high-altitude work, suggested I try. To check if I was ready, brought me to cover a 24-storey high-rise, issued a system secured and said, "Walk." After some doubt, I stepped from the roof to the parapet and sat down on a special stand. Later learned that normal people are gradually increasing height: first, two-storey house, then higher and higher. But thanks to such a test I missed several stages of training and immediately got down to serious work that trust only experienced climbers.

About diploma

Earn good industrial climbers. 10 years ago, when there were very few and few agree on the job, the day could earn about $ 100. Then it was good money. Industrial climbers now earn an average of 500 hryvnia per day.

In fact, the climber to work, you need only desire. There are many special schools, where for two to three weeks can teach any specifics. The main thing - to know how to put on the system and it is securely fastened. The rest is a matter of personal fears and the ability to do a good job.

After a short training course give the crust, where it says that you are prepared and can get to work. The majority of climbers are employed without diplomas. Typically, learning from senior colleagues. It's simple - just a couple of times to practice. But to work on large objects still need permission.

Industrial climbers work in several directions: can insulate facades, wash windows, paint the walls, install lightning rods. Work season: spring, summer and fall, you can make good money, but in winter climbers usually take a rest.

About risks

Itself profession involves extreme and adrenaline in the blood. I'm terribly afraid of heights, but after being so used to it that the walk from the roof or balcony for me has become the norm. Everything is done on the machine: consolidated system, strapped, stepped over and sat down and worked. But there have been in my practice and extreme situations. Once on the hill stepped from the roof to the parapet, looking at his mount and was horrified to realize that I forgot to buckle up. In fear, I stuck to the wall like a lizard. The time even remembering terribly!

More was the case when I fell from the second floor. Forgot to fasten carbine and just flew down. Tried to grab the rope, but it's like trying to fly - to no avail. Despite the fact that he was wearing gloves, still obzhёg little hands. Since then touches scenes in movies where superspy ease slide down the rope. Fortunately, when I successfully landed on his feet, but it all happened so fast that I did not have time to understand anything.

On the women with scissors

Happen in our work and very unexpected, strange situations. Once we worked with a partner on the hill, painted walls. Options were not: had lower near the windows. And then on the balcony runs some crazy pours us mate and stretches with scissors to the rope-fitting. Perhaps decided that we want to get into her apartment. Tried to explain to her that work - it is useless. I had to quickly descend. Continue to work there did not dare: money money, but life is more expensive.

About fear

For me, most industrial climbing hobby. It is impossible to do this for a long time, although there are those who work up to forty years. The older I've never met. And customers are reluctant to hire people aged. In the industrial mountaineering mainly young people: for guys is not only income but also a charge of emotions, extreme.

True, there are those who want to work, but did not dare. With a familiar two hours standing on the roof: it was tuned for a long time, but did not dare step. However, work is constantly experiencing this fear, it is still impossible. Some take a "doping" - drink before work, that was not so bad. But as far as is reasonable, of course, a question.

About romance

Many industrial climbers get to work great pleasure: dominant stunning views of the city, where the majority of residents are not available. Alas, the work itself is usually monotonous and, frankly, not very interesting: to make insulation, paint the facade and so on. Weather conditions also are terrible. Sometimes, you work all day at a wind that shakes like a pendulum. At the same time there is strict deadlines, a lot of work, so enjoy the surrounding beauty of time especially not. But when you get a large order - for example, a wash windows "Sail" - and rise to this height, breathtaking. At such times, it seems that all the problems were on the ground below.

Tags

See also

New and interesting