Trophy-raid "Ladoga". Day 2.

Continued photo essay from sergeydolya

Destroyed houses, skeletons of cars and burning forest

Most worryingly for off-road competition - is a dry, sunny weather. Dirt in the forest dries up, and cars rush in clouds of dust. This is especially felt in the base camps, when any drive past your car leaves the memory of himself a thin layer of dust on your tent, spoon and plate. It is with this kind of weather the beginning of the 13th Ladoga ...

Day 1
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6

21 phot

On the morning of the second day we were given a little sleep the night after yesterday's orientation and recover. Participants began to lick their wounds first:

Pilots, as expected, asleep, exhausted by nizkovisyaschim northern sun, and navigators were working under the car:

The organizers have limited the speed of movement in the camp by posting a cardboard sign that says 5 km / h, however, it did not help in the fight against dust. Tridtsatigradusnaya heat to evaporate any water and dust filled the shallow ruts puddles. The kids are happy to take baths from dust and simulated nuclear explosions, leaping into the middle of the dusty Lakes:

Every morning we started with a briefing in which "the Pope of Grand Tourists" - Alexander Ignatyuk - talked about the upcoming day, interesting places and possible "ambushes". It also issued a legend in the day indicating the green, yellow and red routes:

At the point of the first task had to count "how many blocks in the arch of the northern end of the bridge." Setting caused much controversy and has collected a consultation on the banks of rivers. All discussed as to whether the stones at the base of the arch, or not?

A short walk through the woods, and we come to the next point: "to count the number of windows in the house survived." Well, if you can call it a window ...

After 10 minutes, we drove back to the collapse of the foundation of the Finnish farm. Here, the task was more difficult "to calculate the amount of the windows in the house and the wheels in front of him." The window was easy to find, but the wheel was covered with thick grass, and many of his never found:

The next point was not any jobs. There was a small pool of mud with a liquid, and on the other side had a picnic organizers Recovery, watching from the shade as we overcome this obstacle:

But then came an important moment in the race. By GPS by the organizers had to go to the left, and then come back and the path marked on the map faint dotted line to go to the furthest point. We as a people are taught earlier sporting life rule: "If you can drive around, you'd better go round", thought, not without reason that the organizers put the extra point and went to her, and then a detour of 20 kilometers along a dusty dirt road to the next point. Most tourists go on the "vase life", and it was their fatal mistake. But then, neither they nor we still did not know:

The road was not very smooth, but led through the magical forest Shishkin:

Coming to the point, we have not found anyone. I remember thinking: "We had to go on the vase life, everything is gone, and gone forward." The assignment was: "the number of letters in the title of the car." On the way, we were wondering what kind of pepelats parked in front? It turned out that this time. If the name is not written in felt-tip pen on the bottom of it, we have it would not have identified:

Specify next point: "the number on the sign." The only problem is that the road that we must go to the sign, we could not find. I had to make a detour through a neighboring village. I was driving slowly and constantly wondered why I can not even catch up with someone:

Passing on arable land, we jumped to the lookout tower where we had to count the number of steps on the stairs. I wonder why these towers are placed there? When hunting, it is strange that they are often right on the roadside:

The trail became a bit more interesting. Bouncing over the potholes, our wheels are sometimes bathed in the shallow puddles. To point to the last mission we flew down the steep but diminutive podemchiku. It remained to find "the difference between the number of windows and aspens in the house»:

Glancing back down, I thought: "It is strange. Where is everyone else? "It remains for us to just get to the camp, but this piece of the track was the most interesting. He walked in nizinke through the forest. The track was filled with water, but the bottom was hard, and we pretended parohodom, driving in front of a big wave and splashing muddy drop on a nearby tree.

Jumping out of the woods, we came up against the bored judges finish fixing the route TR-3. It turned out that we were the first Grand Tourists drive past them. "Where is everyone else?" - We looked at each other with the navigator:

We braked there, and five minutes from the woods rushed Ural crew. They met technicals with its own cameraman, brought from Ekaterinburg. 10 minutes they tried to catch his breath, told the camera about the race and poured water:

After waiting half an hour, we decided to go to the camp. Night was falling. In the camp of our machines almost was not, and those who drove, did not know anything about the fate of the others. We decided to ride back on the track: "Maybe someone needs help?»

Before reaching the house with aspens, we met the guys on the new Discovery with fallen muzzle. Died cushion front air suspension and co-driver tried to remove it, to take Peter for repair. They told us that most of the participants have gone on that ill-fated vase life, which ended in a swamp, where it all stopped. But like all pulled out, and everything is about to finish. Wishing good luck guys, we went further. They arrived back right up to the stairs, but it met only 3 machines. Moreover, each of them claimed that it last, and on the road no one else.

On the way we passed the burning wood. We decided to try to put it out - it is useless:

Past this wood passed almost all the tourists, and every second, returning to the camp, said the organizers. Because of this, they have caused MOE, and by morning the tree was extinguished.

Darkens on Ladoga after midnight. Fog obscures nizinki, wrapping his dusty grass feather:

In the camp we were back in the dark. We decided to walk to the camp organizers - to find out whether all back? There I met my husband shturmanshi of female crew trying to overcome last ditch using sendtrakov. He was in touch with his wife and said that the whole convoy of vehicles headed Hammer drove up to the house with aspens. Ride slowly. Light. Fearfully.

Again, we sat in our combat konyashki we eve dubbed "Chuchey, mchucheyu" and went to our meeting. We met them in front of a track of the latest, flooded. In the darkness, she looked very sinister and uninviting. Everyone was exhausted after a long day. Navigators wandered along the track and tried to fathom the depth of it sticks.

Convince them that "there is not deep, the bottom is solid and everything will pass," I could not. I had to flop into a rut and go back and forth until they ran side lighting lanterns run down my wheels. As a result, one of the navigators exclaimed: "Oh! So there is not deep! "And everyone courageously went ahead and into the camp. So we did not manage to save anyone on that day ...

In the next series, read about wild Landysheva fields tehetape ground with the wheels, training rallista Mersiyanova, quest of new jobs and the local museum. Stay Tuned!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting