Trophy-Raid Vepssky Forest (36 photos)

Part 1 here

The author writes, sergeydolya:

On Ladoga I spoke at the Battle Toyota, and many are skeptical then stated after our victory, it's all about the car. In Vepsian Forest we decided to illustrate the famous phrase that "winning is not a machine, and the crew" and performed at the Hummer. Also took first place. Generally, this is a unique case where the Hummer is not only reached the end of a serious trophy-raid, but won it ...

That night was freezing, and the tent was covered with a thick layer of frost. At 4 am I could not stand it, got out of his summer sleeping bag and shaking from the cold, crawled into the car:

We started at 12 days, and in the morning I stood with a camera at the finish line of athletes:

Clearance sports prototypes as no surprise, as striking:

For judges, they flew at full speed:

Ottormazhivatsya, leaving behind deep trenches:

And immediately gave the results of a card to mark:

At this time, the Grand Tourists were registered and the technical commission, previously plastered their cars:

Our briefing began at 11am. Team Leader Grand Tourists Alexander Ignatyuk fiery speech:

Under the terms of the competition we had to drive around for 25 hours a few points. At each point, it was necessary to find something. These figures had to be substituted into the formula to calculate the GPS coordinates with the treasure and go there first. Organizers said it is unlikely that someone will have time to collect all the points and treasure to arrive earlier than 20 hours. Looking ahead, I can say that we found a treasure after 9 hours.

This time the competition was the first time the car Hyundai Tucson. Guys generally first arrived on the trophy competition, and immediately got on Vepscky Forest, so the organizers held a ceremony christening the car before the start:

Each team chose a strategy of "picking up" points. Most of the cars drove away from the camp to the south. We first went to the north, so the track almost did not see anyone. The tasks were similar to the Ladoga. The first point we considered the amount of bells and crosses on the church:

Then followed several boring tasks, such as to know which column is on the road:

Fold the second and third digit of the year of construction of the bridge:

Find a pointer to the Tikhvin and see how many before him, and so kilometers .:

Before one point met our old friends still on Ladoga. The boys forgot to include a full drive and hard digging the car, trying to leave the track:

The most interesting point is turned away from the others. The road it took us 40 minutes each way. Particularly pleased with the causeway for a timber of huge logs and planks:

The last 1, 2 kilometers I had to run on foot, as the climb there was no winch is extremely risky:

It was 6 pm when we got back to the camp and warned the organizers that "we're going to the South" and, according to our estimates, in the point of the treasure will be in 2 and a half hours. Sasha had to sacrifice Ignatouk dinner and a night's sleep and go to meet us in the place of the treasure. We quickly took us to the point of missing 2:

They finished at 9 pm and were on the point of the treasure of Alexander to chat and eat. What was our surprise when, after half an hour on the point of the treasure came two fields: "It can not be!" - We thought.

A cornfield in the competition was announced, and the second introduced herself as technicals. During the conversation it became clear that the guys are divided. One machine was collecting the northern point, and the second the rest. Then we put together the results, calculate the coordinates and arrived at the finish line. Thus, it took them 2 times less time than if they had collected all the points fairly.

How tired of scam in the trophy-sport! It was one of the reasons why 5 years ago we finished his career ...

We realize it is not only we, but also the organizers. As a result, the crew was disqualified.

Second place went to the crew from Moscow, who finished at 2am. In the morning at the finish point had already gathered a lot of crews:

We came back here to find out who and when finished after us, and along with breakfast:

Later the track athletes, on which I walked in the first day, have released other tourist credits: "Tourism" and "Tourism-Open». This is not the "athletes", but not "Grand Tourists" on SUVs:

Although the experience of people is not enough. This samurai slid down the slope, struggling pressing on the brake pedal. As a result, the car spun, and they nearly capsized:

At the time, San Sanych Trushnikov taught me one of the MBT, as it is necessary to move down the slope on the car: "No way to touch the brake pedal. Including the first slide and come down safely. If the temptation to apply the brakes too large, stamp your feet, but do not press the brake! »

Also, this crew is constantly gloh engine and the pilot something to tighten up under the hood:

Cars drove first in the rocky river bed:

And then into the woods. Here they waited for the rise of "the hill" the winch:

In the forest, he started a real, high-quality, zachmakivayuschy smelling hot peat govnilin:

In the forest, he started a real, high-quality, zachmakivayuschy smelling hot peat govnilin:

via sergeydolya.livejournal.com

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting