Photo as life

There are such reportage photos that look very out of context usually does. But when you realize what's going on in the scene, every detail becomes important and the picture becomes historical. Here, here, for example, the usual procedure of passport control at the airport - that's so special? But when you know that it is the airport Jose Marti in Havana, and the woman who pogranichnitsa puts a stamp in the passport of one of the most prominent dissidents in Cuba, a famous neurosurgeon Hilda Molina, seeking permission to leave the country to son and mother to Argentina about fifteen years, photography 'comes alive ».

Briefly, the story of Dr. Molina is as follows: in 1987, it is one of the most talented and experienced neurosurgeons in the country, commissioned the creation of the International Institute of neurological recovery. Which is the beginning of the nineties has become one of the best medical institutions in Cuba and beyond. In the mid-nineties in the Western press reported that Cuban doctors are doing a lot of money to foreigners suffering from Parkinson's disease, transplants of brain tissue of human embryos. Official Havana denied these rumors, but some Cuban doctors in newspaper interviews have confirmed that it is really practiced and that the authorities even promote abortion in the country to attract "medical tourism." Molina has always opposed the use of embryos in tissue protocol violation of the International Scientific Committee.

2 Photo © REUTERS / Enrique De La Osa via drugoi

In 1994, she was dismissed from the hospital, which is created. In 1995, Dr. Molina was interviewed by several European newspapers, which said that such transplants are supported by the Cuban government, and that at one time even Cuba received from various sources in the United States, Europe and Canada, 100 thousand. Francs for the organization of transplantation. Molina said then: "Here in Cuba, doctors have no rights, no formal agreement with the authorities. Personally, I do not even have security. A failure to do any of my transplant was regarded by the authorities as an attack against the regime. I also do not give the opportunity to participate in international conferences of doctors, and my correspondence has always perlyustriruetsya - sometimes even open letters come ».

The Cuban press Hilda Molina was arranged outright persecution, as it usually happens in the so-called dissidents "Communist" countries. Molina has never been a political dissident - before his dismissal, it was even a deputy of the National Assembly. She had just protested against the inhuman practices of the race for profits from the state medical business in Cuba. And for that, it was kept on the island for fifteen years, not allowing to leave for Argentina, where the family lives of her son and elderly mother.

And just the other day, quite unexpectedly, at the request of another physician for permission to see his mother, which is already 90 years old, came to give the highest command Moline passport and exit visa. It is then, when it seemed there was no hope to change fate.

Now that you know everything, you look again at the photo above. You see how things have changed? Routine passport control point now looks quite different.

P.S. In addition to the above, I wanted to show another photograph, taken a few days ago, when Dr. Molina received the news that she was allowed to leave the territory of Cuba. Look how live a neurosurgeon, who created one of the best medical centers in the world.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting