"Space" Volvo truck

My kids love to play in the construction. They rolled on the floor toy excavators, bulldozers, cranes and trucks. Although I play with them, but to me it is not so interesting - not my razmerchik, but when my friends from Volvo offered me steer these excavators, wheel loaders and brand new trucks, the childhood prevailed and I went to the Swedish Gothenburg in acting careers.
... Writes the blogger and traveler Sergey Dolya

All day long I played a test pilot and was ecstatic. Modern Volvo only the outside looks like a truck, but actually hidden inside a spaceship. I constantly found myself thinking that the manager is not very long dump truck loaded with 40 tons (!!!) of rubble, and children's toy on the radio. The car did everything for me. I had only one finger to turn the steering wheel, like the wheel of an ocean liner.

I love trying new things. Helicopter I ran, too, boating, hot air balloon flying, full of happiness I can only steer the truck and train. The day before yesterday, I stood on a step closer to happiness ...

My friend, whom I rest every weekend in Dubna, when not traveling, working in road construction division of Volvo. 2 months ago, for "a cup of tea," he told me that Volvo Trucks has a new revolutionary FMX construction truck and that they will organize a test drive for journalists. I had to "put pressure on him" and to agree on a place in the group of journalists from leading Russian automotive publications.
24 photos

In Gothenburg we spent 2 days. The first night we just showed a new truck:

Once the veil of sleep, journalists with interest began to examine every detail:

I did not think that the truck can cause a genuine interest:

After dinner, at sunset, we were shown a show truck. Giant machines were worn in the dance around the excavator, brushing a herd of rhinos:

In the show, and was articulated dump truck:

At the end of the show all the cars lined up and welcomed us, with his trunks:

The next morning we again came to bat. We were given a turn to try to drive the 19 different versions of the new FMX in a variety of construction and mining conditions:

It feels as if control a toy car while I was in the back of up to 40 tons (!!!) Gravel:

The driver's seat has air suspension. When the car drove over bumps, I gently rocked like the waves:

For greater maneuverability of the truck not only turn the front wheels, but also the following:

Besides trucks, I also entrusted excavator. He left, perhaps the most memorable. Managed by two joysticks. Each four degrees of freedom. One is responsible for turning the cabin left / right arrow and to himself / herself from the second - for the arrow up / down and the opening / closing of the bucket:

Manage it very cool. Do not just remember what the joystick is responsible for what, but after 5 minutes digging like a real pro. His head kept spinning frames of "Well, wait!", Where the wolf ran the crane pulling levers:

Next on the program was a frontloader:

Managed He also joysticks. Under the right arm of their 2 - the one responsible for raising / lowering the bucket, and the second - for the raising / lowering of the boom. They have to work at the same time, which requires a certain skill.

You can either steer the wheel (pardon the tautology), or joystick. My instructor preferred to remove the steering wheel and to use the left joystick. Well, a complete analogy with the machine on the radio, but he is not near to the machine, but inside it:

All machines are rear camera connected with the steering. The screen is drawn in the trajectory of assistance to "the combine»:

The last program was articulated truck. It can move almost any surface:

Its body can be rotated almost 90 degrees, and the cabin at the same time there is still

In conclusion, I want to say that I have not experienced such joy of children. Manage this technique - a real pleasure. I was also really impressed with the amount of technology, hidden in the truck. They are much larger than in passenger cars.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting