Rapid analysis of fuel at the gas station

Writes blogger russos:

The issue of fuel in our country traditionally dominates the minds of readers AUTOFORUM and different communities. Walk terrible stories that we all gasoline produced from the 76th, that its quality does not fit into any permissible limits, and car engines die, shedding tears of oil.

I am in my car with a history of poor fuel encountered only twice. One time - when we're in the expedition to Salekhard poured diesel fuel (anything else just did not have), followed by a clogged particulate filter. And once again - by an unknown gas station somewhere in the Moscow region, when I filled in my Astra 95th, and then refused one candle. But by the time she was held for 55 000 kilometers, and, apparently, required replacement. And some of my friends constantly refuel the cheapest gasoline in various unnamed gas stations and have no problems with the fuel.

To understand what we pour in the tank, I went to the gas station, owned by TNK - to see how the analysis of the mobile fuel rapid laboratory.

15 ph

Specially equipped mobile laboratory every working day toured several (on average, 4) refills, checking the quality of the fuel. The analysis is performed on the native gas station, and those who work for the franchise.

Today it is a normal routine check gas stations.

Irina is reviewing the fuel for more than 9 years. At first it overwrites the data in the act of passports delivered fuel.

Before you get to the gas station, the fuel is already being repeated testing: first with the release of the refinery, then when entering the tank farm (in this case - Mytishchi) and leave at the gas station.

Fuel pump is transferred to the service mode (this can be done only with the central control dispatching service, a gas station only to send a request) and poured into one liter of fuel each.

Of course, one of my first questions was, as it always fuel that is being tested, corresponds to standards. Irina remembered a couple of cases where the sample is taken it at odds with the characteristics of the fuel, stated in the passport. But she assured me, even these cases differences were insignificant - they do not affect the "performance" of the car. "Examination of fuel" tougher checks the entire franchise refueling (petrol station, buy the right to use the trademark of a major oil company). They sometimes try to save. But such savings to unscrupulous owners of the franchise entails heavy financial losses. In the event of non-conformance of the selected column one more sample of fuel and sent to an accredited laboratory for re-analysis. In this arbitration sample remains at the gas station. Laboratory confirms or does not confirm the discrepancy. If confirmed, the result of the gas station loses the right to use the trademark and / or it imposed a heavy fine.

The sample is poured into the tank of fuel, which is inserted into the instrument express control test gasoline. It checks the octane number and component composition. For the analysis must be just a few milliliters. The test is performed in two runs: for the first time on empty gasoline is passed through the apparatus, and the second pass is the reference. In the photo - the test results of 92-octane gasoline: everything is normal. The instrument also determines the component composition of gasolines, t-butanol, methanol, ether, ethanol, mass fraction of oxygen. The main thing is that the components of gasoline were required form and within the normal range.

The following analysis - is to check the amount of detergent additive in gasoline Pulsar-95. Major oil companies are launching their race of branded fuel. Brand fuel - is the base gasoline plus an additional component developed by the company. Pulsar additive cleans the engine and keeps its specifications. For the analysis in a separatory funnel and blended gasoline special reagent for determining the amount of detergent.

Laboratory must have highly qualified, as operations are done manually for the time strictly defined. Gasoline and reagent are mixed, and then the resulting mixture should settle, and only then is separated from the reactant gas. Other possibilities to check the amount of detergent in the "field" conditions do not exist.

The reagent is separated from gasoline and highlighted in pink.

Slowly merge agent in a syringe. Thus it is necessary to stop in time to fuel left in a separating funnel. And then just as carefully, drop by drop, pour into a bottle, which will go on testing ...

... In a colorimeter, which measures the intensity of the color of the resulting liquid. According to the testimony of the device concludes that the amount of detergent which is in gasoline.

The most important advice for choosing the gas station - Use filling the large oil companies. The quality of their fuel, they check the time (including such mobile labs), at least in order not to lose to a competitor in the struggle for the buyer.

Yes force be with you!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting