Dubossary HPP

Late at night in February, or as late February evening, I was invited on a tour of hydroelectric power in the Transnistrian town of Dubossary. Despite a tough day behind and fatigue, in five minutes I was ready to go.

Dubossary Hydroelectric power stations - not only energy company and not just strategically important object. This "live" border (on one side of the TMR, on the other - Moldova), and the story of our once common country.

32 photos via macos

1. Dubossary HPP - the first large company eliktrifikatsii Moldova. We started to build it under Stalin in 1950, finished in 1955. The project was envisaged to build a hydroelectric power station with installation of 4 hydropower units with total capacity of 40 thousand. KW. Of course, it was the "construction of the century": people come here from all over the Union. Someone has calculated that the power station was built thirty nationalities people.

2. With the commissioning of Dubossary hydroelectric power station and 110 kV transmission line "Dubasari-Chisinau" and "Dubossary, Tiraspol," began the creation of the Moldavian power system and the centralization of power of the republic.

3. Milestones.

4. Dubossary HPP exhibited at the Exhibition of Economic Achievements of the USSR in 1977 as a high degree of reliability of power and automation. A number of workers he's been awarded medals ENEA. The team of HPS was entered in the Republican book of honor leading enterprises.

5. By the way, it now hydroelectric power - strategic and sensitive sites. Once they have been a source of pride, they were shown without reserve to tourists. So, this hydropower plant was included in the All-Union tourist show. "Do not look HPP in Dubossary - Moldova has not visited»

6. At the entrance to the station, there is a special time machine that transports every "external" to the visitor sixty years ago.

7. Transnistrian tradition, everything is clean, tidy, and tinted. It looks - like new.

8. In fact, it is, unfortunately, very, very old. Soon work will begin to replace the equipment, so I was very lucky that I managed to catch HPP intact.

14. The control unit is very small, almost tiny.

15. I especially liked the light bulb.

16. We go up to the roof. Up - only three floors.

17. Here we are on the bridge. Now, not down three floors, and thirteen.

18. In the distance, the lights of the city of Dubossary, behind - Moldova.

20. And now begin the descent.

21. Unfortunately, I do not understand anything in the power, so I will be grateful if someone can help readers to sign all the "technical" pictures.

24. HPP - a fully autonomous entity. It provides electricity not only to the neighboring city, but especially herself. If there is a failure, the station can turn off the supply of the city, but she must remain "on the line." For this there are numerous batteries, diesel generators, and so on.

25. I, too, at first thought that money is kept there. But no. What is it?

26. Grandparents and grandchildren.

27. Now we are somewhere at a depth of ten floors. Around - water

28. If one of the hatches burst, do you think, how fast the room is filled with water?

29. There is a small branch of the Kungur Ice Cave.

30. During the war, hydroelectric controlled Transnistria. Surely these halls are often running guerrillas.

Posted in [mergetime] 1303375718 [/ mergetime]
All ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting