Excursion to the VW car factory

Recently, I was invited to visit the Volkswagen plant in Kaluga. The plant I have never been so view about these companies was very vague: just remember the noise, noise, lathes, piles of rags, soiled gowns and berets, as well as ideologically savvy foreman. In short - a scene from the film "Lovers of their own accord", "Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears" and "Big Break".
I myself drive a car of this concern, and wondered how they were collected. Long and tedious story itself is not, but the picture will be boys will be interesting. And the girls - I do not know. Probably, too.

In fact, we were invited in the laboratory quality VW, where details and machine components manufactured in the factory, tested for durability and resistance to the environment. But I'm more like the plant, and this is understandable: the photographer loves his eyes

35 photos via best-3-0

The plant at first sight and not a factory, and a large hangar. Around - the lawn (in summer green), TUI hotel and everything is beautiful, including CPR.

Laboratory Manager Paul told me about his work, and it was nice to see someone who knows and loves his job. In this picture he shows a device for measuring the differences in the painting of parts (some parts - bumpers and fuel cap, for example - come from other places and they need to be checked for compliance with the factory paint). In this device, visually check the color change depending on the lighting. This - the sunset.

This bath salt kept the details in the pair. Bathhouse for nameplates.

That there were no complaints from buyers all - even the smallest parts are tested for durability.

This is a great test: the resistance of paint flying gravel. After this shot, flying with skrorostyu eeee ... this gravel at the Minsk highway, gets to sample ...

He checked the table chips. What percentage affected.

This creates conditions stove fire from a cigarette. You can see how will burn mats.

And another great tool to the diamond (there he is at the center shines) presses with great force in the different parts of the units, thereby verifying their ability to resist great pressure. It is stored in a safe.

Here are the best part with the points of pressure. But very much like to manufacture.

The factory gave work to 4,500 people from Kaluga. Salaries are satisfied with the job held. Change - 7, 5 hours and 30 minutes on a lunch break, and two for 10 minutes.

The plant itself impressed me quite a low level of noise and cleanliness.

Everywhere order inscriptions are duplicated in German and Czech.

There are no landfills with rags and soiled blue gowns as the lesson of work.

Cars are collected from the ground. After switching to 3-shift plant will produce 600 cars a day.

Production is automated.

The operation of robots you can watch forever. It's mesmerizing.

The same conveyor, which is constantly moving.

Everyone does his job only.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting