Greetings from the 90's. Part 10.

What has been the norm in the 90s and has now become mauvais ton?
Just a little more than a decade separates us from the time, which is called the "dashing 90-mi", and how many different changes happened in this short period of time! Could we imagine that it will soon be possible to go down the street and talking on the phone with the caller, which is located somewhere on the other side of the globe? How would we be surprised if they knew that letters will be delivered to recipients in seconds! Perhaps decades such innovations to our descendants will seem antiquated remnants of the past. Seem to us now to some of the "traditions" of 90th ridiculous, absurd and even shameful, and yet if they were considered an integral part of life and do not cause irony and skepticism ...
Letting bottle - a common occurrence!

The previous part.

Today, we can buy drinks and dairy products in Tetra Pak cartons, polyethylene or plastic containers. In the 90s it was taken out of the deli, rhythmically clinking bag with glass bottles or jars. Moreover, many people were in the store, accompanied by "ping" an empty glass containers, because then you could donate or exchange the products accumulated in the house of the bottle. Children 90 earned pocket money "on ice", making regular "trips" to the point for glass. At the time, such actions are not considered a sign of poverty and not seen as something shameful. Special honor of the enterprising "steklosdavateley" use brown (dark) beer bottles, for which pay much more than light. In the twenty-first century to the items for glass generally come those who find themselves in an extremely difficult financial position. Letting bottles turned into the lot of the poor and people of no fixed abode. Fashion for shopping bags - "hendmeyd 90»

At the moment we come out of the supermarket, carrying shopping bags. Earlier in plastic bags treated very carefully. Remember how neat housewife wash them in warm water, and then hung out to dry on the clothesline. "Ancestors" were bags packages for products. Moreover, in those days to buy something it was not easy, so try to make the needlewoman convenient bags yourself. Net shopping bags samovyazannye enjoyed enormous popularity. Woman doing them out of thread remaining after winter knit things. The stores are constantly flashed colorful shopping bags, does not hide its contents !!! Probably, such "transparent bags" especially pleased grandmothers sitting at the door, because of the purchased product they can accurately determine the level of security of all who pass by. If you go into a modern store with a shopping bag, you certainly caught a lot of surprised looks. The only reminder about the once popular bags are trolleys in supermarkets - is not only a grid of thread and metal!

You can recall the other "traditions" of the 90's, that seem strange today. For example, many of us were drinking beverages from tin cans only to then bring these "bright capacity 'home and put on a kitchen cupboard. Over time, it formed the entire "canned pyramid", proudly referred to as "collection"! But, remember, we are all wrapped remote controls for televisions polyethylene, so they are not dirty or scratched? ...

Yes, many of our "habits" of the '90s was not to cross the border of the millennium, however, agree that it was something in them is naive good! ...

Children transmission 90: TV-hi from the last century!

If now on the ground had disappeared all of the computers, the majority of active users would be plunged into a deep depression. This is not surprising, because today many people prefer to work and relax in front of the monitor. However, there were also times when the computer (and, especially, laptop-book!) Was considered a luxury. In the late 90's we can easily do without the Internet, but did not imagine his life without TV! He was for us the indispensable thing: and a kind of "information window on the world" for adults, and effective, "sedative" for children! Yes, parents of some young troublemakers could breathe freely until their child enjoyed the children's television! What program made young viewers 90 to spend hours at the blue screen?

"Where friends and girlfriends? In "Disney Club»! ... »

Sundays (and later - and in the evening), even the most exciting games with friends postponed "for later" due to the fact that on the first channel (then - ORT) started "Disney Club". Perhaps, in the late 90's every kid were known names such as Scrooge McDuck, Zigzag, Chip, Dale, Gadget ... And it was fun to play in the courtyards of the Disney characters! Later bright Disney characters began to accompany us everywhere: to school backpack with the image of Mickey neatly stacked pencil cases and notebooks to the "portrait" of Goofy, Bax Bunny, Woody Vudpekkera and other "multgeroya our time"; in children's rooms adorned with posters with funny mice, dogs and hamsters, the adventures that so wanted to watch again and again! After Sunday's display of the animated series "Ghostbusters" shelves filled lipnuschie to surfaces geleobzraznye balls, which we called "Lizunov." Remember how those "toys" flying in the corridors of schools and kindergartens, leaving marks on the walls! The names of some of the Disney characters, even "went to the people": nicknames like "Mrs. Klyuvdiya" phrases a la "Gummi Bears with you again" enjoyed enormous popularity !!!

Daily entertainment program for children 90. Today it is very difficult to lure children from online spaces. Young gamers are passionate about the game, the little Znayka read interesting articles on the web and book lovers chat with friends for hours sitting in social networks. In the 90s, much was different. Play can be on the console or Tetris; read - paper instead of electronic books and newspapers; Meet - "in real life" or correspondence (again - paper letters written by hand!). How can spend their leisure home 90 children? What you can do at home, such as after school? Of course, watch TV! Fortunately, the then popular children's shows are diverse. For intellectuals was very interesting watching the program "finest hour." Games "Jungle" and "Lego-ho!" Made us "sick" of the competing teams.

Probably, in the memory of each child 90 was the image of a talented leading children's programs - Sergey Suponeva.
His witty jokes, boundless charisma and the ability to easily find a common language as a "predator" and a "herbivorous" attracted to screens not only children and adolescents but also their parents. As you know, the best quality control - is the test of time. Children's programs 90 still gaining a large number of hits and downloads on specialized sites on the Internet. This proves that they still live in our memory: that young audiences have matured, but your favorite TV shows were for them part of the golden time which is called childhood ...

Demotivators about 90 (Part 2) - shkoloty not understand. (50 images)

8-bit consoles: racing simulators NHL-93, Goal-3 and others.

Part 2

I can not remember the sports simulators. Unfortunately, one football and one hockey I "Vistula" at the most inopportune moment. And it was so: he bought a football - it hangs. He came to change - the seller agreed to without any problems, but smiled slyly. And get an exchange "sewed on the soap" hockey with NHL (like '93 version) podvisal too, but at least able to play a full game. I remember writing down passwords (then to continue with a particular place), and my brother even partially solved their scheme (!), Which allowed to select passwords in a special way, placing an already results in the tournament.

But "King" 8 chops for me will always be football game Goal-3.

That's something the game is so subdued, so ingrained in the minds of many moments I remember it as if they happened yesterday. The most important thing: the game was alive, though without any frills. After mistimed tackle the opposing team to bulge your eyes and froze. And to score a goal, the goal had to peel "luminous" (player threw the ball and hit his head) or "brand" (kicking) - fish, spiny ball, horse or something like. There was a chance to score from a short distance by hitting the usual way or Pasika. Here it was a way to outsmart the "machine" in almost any game: the computer is programmed to reflect impacts and passes towards the goal often could not reflect. The Japanese soccer team (of course, whose game) on Goal-3 has been designed in a special way, where each player has his own original "Crown" kick. It had plenty of options to choose one of the players (because here you play with one person, and not those who are closest to the ball). There were great opportunities for choice of strategy (played six for six with a choice of formations: 1-2-2, 2-1-2, 2-2-1 excluding the goalkeeper). Play could only teams, with very peculiar was their choice, and distribution of forces. The strongest Japanese made Italy. England, Germany yielded significantly. Argentina - and even more so. And Brazil, though made technical team, is still in force, power is also inferior. Pretty decent game out there Korea. And African somehow been, except Cameroon, Guinea and Senegal only. Sometimes we called for the convenience of players we have invented nicknames. "Braid", "Caramel" - as not only excelled. Fortunately, the image has been created for players 8 chops well. All have the characteristic feature of the appearance and style of stroke (non-Japanese - one for the whole team). The game was special, "cartoon" charm. The creators are not pursued realism. On the contrary, they tried to give the game some "flavor" - something that is not in reality and in other similar games. Perhaps that is what my brother and I were so long fans of this toy, and often "were cut" with one another. I can not vouch, but I think now these games have not. Perhaps there is a poor excuse, but not that. This is a little later appeared 16- and 32-bit consoles. Sony Playstation and Sega conquered the world when the games I began to slowly "grows". Generally, with the "Sega" meet, oddly enough, it is not possible. However, "Sonya" on computers for almost the current level of play I happened to have a rather rich classmate. Here's what I saw, what could be the game: three-dimensional, with a drawing "almost like in real life," with football commentators, but then - in English only. FIFA '98 and '99 (version already strongly resembled modern) - it was for me something "beyond the x-axis." On the rare opportunity to get a classmate I had dreamed of and reality, in a dream! But that's another story. =)

8-bit consoles (Dendy, Syubor, Jippy): my first game - Mario, Tetris, Duck Hunt ...

Part 1

Actually, before computers were big. And somewhere between these giants the size of a bookcase were still in use, and there were the first modern consoles - 8-bit. And while playing in all sorts of 3D-Game-generation 90 had almost no possibility, nevertheless, agree that we nostalgically recall their first cartridges. Remembering how they have changed as trying to boast to each other, to what levels reached or how many times passed this or that game.

It is interesting to happen. Get a present or prefixes Dendy, for example, Jippy, was the greatest human happiness that is possible.

I was lucky enough at one time to the Spectrum ("Robik") move to the 8-bit console "Syubor».

But just the other day my nephew (for 5-year-old) presented "Dandy" and he somehow seems to be his happiness did not even realize. Well, but my sister and nice young to remember. Just this gift proved to be timely.

I remember how back then when I was playing on his "Robiquet" I enthusiastically told a classmate, has exchanged its Spectrum on the console: "Yes, there is even no need to download anything! Simply cartridge is inserted ... A graph 100 times better! And you can even shoot the ducks! "This was followed by an explanation of how the joystick and the gun look like they are connected, how they work, and so on. Submit it was difficult, but eventually I saw it all himself.

I would like to recall a few favorite, iconic, hit toys. Each console came with one cartridge as a gift, which have been games like "Mario," "Tetris," "Duck Hunt" and the like. And it really worked this laser gun, which we then ducks, the bandits that appear on the screen shot the children with typical ruthlessness. In Duck Hunt, in particular, if you are a poor shot, from behind bushes climbs your hunting dog and ... neighing wildly!

As for other games, then surely, Super Mario - it was a smash hit 90.

A sort of a short stack went through level after level, knocking his head on the coins and jumping on top of those he came across. Sometimes it was necessary to demonstrate agility to someone or something to jump, not to get hit, and so on.. But most of all we loved the game, perhaps with the secret squares and unexpected moves that there appeared periodically. This made it possible to earn more points (score or points). We loved to share information, where and how the box with a coin or extra life can be found. And sometimes surprises opened suddenly, and it was a great joy. In fact, this game did highlight some magic fantastically exciting.

Tetris now, of course, no surprise. And then it was also a kind of warm-up. But I want to say that Tetris on vosmibitke was made with the invention, a very merry. For example, in the version that got to me, you can listen to while playing songs like "Kalinka-Malinka". And after each level we collected counting lines: ordinary, simultaneously two, three and four. And accordingly, depending on the presence or absence of "doubles", "triple" and "Tetris" appeared one to four men who were dancing, bowed and left.

I can not but mention the unexpected meeting with Load Runner - a game almost identical to the one with which I was already familiar at the Spectrum. The bottom line: collect coin boxes or running around the floor, climbing stairs and running away from evil men. Jump on them and it was impossible to shoot there. Just ... dig in! Dig a hole, he fell - running away yourself further on his head ... In his "Robiquet" I am very serious to play it. There we drew even the levels! Well, it was more interesting on the console.

Here are some of the most popular names that were part of the first cartridge games: billiards, tanchiki. That is to say, "snack." As soon as the child is able to say that it "played enough," he would like another game. And it is here that he bought those in demand among peers. For example, Mortal Combat, Ninja Tourtles, Tiny Toon, Batman, Avenger. By the way, "Avenger" and fight for me turtles were then among the favorites. Everything was in most of these games: to go somewhere on the way and all eliminated. And yet so exciting! Alas, the game, which is today, as for me, lost here is an easy charm and become perhaps too heaped up. Such that, in my opinion, everything is very difficult to understand and use all accompanying features. Even there is a sense that the amount of memory they occupy, more of which is able to accommodate our brains. =)

Commercials at the dawn of capitalism: Seldom, MMM and others.

In the 90 years of the advertising industry in the CIS only began to develop. And one of the very specific memories of that time - it commercials, something so funny, so naive, so ... primitive!

Here is a "classic" example of advertising primitivism à la '90s. " Commercials one company had the following text: "Once there was a firm" Seldom ". And she decided to do yourself advertising, but not easy, but very simple. That such ". And all !!! No contacts or description than the company deals only black letters on a white background!

Actually, it was an interesting time, many products are still in short supply, but are already allocated "capitalists" -burzhui - they were then the "new Russian" nickname. These comrades in crimson jackets and gold tsepurami, without any knowledge of the intricacies of drawing up the advertising text, trying to do their advertising firms. Often - just posmeshnee to or discussed at the hearing it was. It was just some sort of avant-garde art. And the results at that time even reached such advertising. However, sometimes the ads simply copy the Western model.

In one of the first advertising in Russia was another interesting feature. Exchange "Alice", named after a dog (!) Of its owner, distinguished by the fact that outstanding sound unfamiliar word "Lord" instead of the usual "comrades."

Tags

See also

New and interesting