Abandoned iron ore mine

Writes blogger dedmaxopka

One fine evening we moved to an abandoned mine, the maximum depth is giving should reach -880 m. Mine does not work for several years and is in caretaker status, which means all entrances and ventilation shafts or embedded in concrete, steel or their patched "stoppers" . We did not know the condition of the mine flooded if she groundwater, whether it has enough air, and if we can get into the system ...

25 photos

1. Desolation

Arriving to the place, dressed in costumes him.zaschity, hiding valuables in germomeshki, we saw the ruins of concrete copra. Pretty quickly found a hole in the ground, in veduyuschuyu podhodnyak to ventilation shafts, which sported a steel "tube».

2. Luckily someone of us was cutting torch.

4. No one knew how deep the barrel under his feet, but after a hole was seen as sparks fly. They flew pretty deep ...

6. After having been "accessed" down, it became clear that the depth of the trunk is at least 200 meters.

7. After a couple of shots, we began a long and tedious descent. The deeper, the humidity is higher, begin pouring torrents of groundwater, which strive to soak right through you. It is in order not to get wet him.zaschita need. Playground for the platform down, iron becomes rusty around and rabitz crumbles in his hands.

8. Downstairs, we were pleased that the horizon is not flooded. This could only mean one thing, that abandoned the system somewhere connected to actions that pumps water coming. It became interesting not only to investigate an abandoned part, but also to find "rabochku."

9. Almost immediately it became clear that the mine is in a poor condition. Too many landslides, rusty rails, wooden supports just about ready to collapse, one has only to touch them. Making his way through the rocks, we moved on.

10. Sometimes on the way we met old tracks and debris. My first thought - here someone goes for the mine's next? But when looked at the date of manufacture of packaging, it became clear that there was no one there for several years.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting