Bronx - roofs and yards

Writes maxkatz
33 foty letters and

Today, about New York, or rather about one of its boroughs: The Bronx

About Bronx walking the terrible legend. Such terrible that in the past 7 times when I was in New York, I do not nirazu it went.

They are entirely justified - the crime rate there is 3 times higher than the average in New York. For comparison, for example: 100, 000 people in the Bronx in 2009, 13 murders were committed in Moscow on 6, 5 murders. The Bronx is much more dangerous place.

In short, I to what a dangerous place. Only 10% of the population of the Bronx - white, the other black or Latino or. Our peaceful "Gopnik" Yaga drinking, seem adekvatniyshimi exist in the world if you look, the look of the residents of the Bronx.

How it looks like the urban environment and the courts? So

This space between several apartment buildings with poor people

Let me remind you as we (yes, I realize that we should have another court fotnkut, but is so)

Playground

We

Playground for little

I bought some govnonasadku the lens, so the shot went bad. But in general, can be seen - in the courtyard there is a territory that's where you can do something

Chess table! And no one is afraid that there will be drinking.

Lots of benches everywhere. With crime and Gopnik is not trying to deal punishing all the other inhabitants of the lack of recreational

The yards are no cars - only a variety of public areas and green

Basketball court

Around these places always boils any life. And Gopnik and every trash do not like places where life boils

More tables - want to eat on the street or sit at the computer? Please!

Here's how it looks from above

Public barbecues. No one is because the middle of a weekday

And no people are not rushed and did not require urgent everything clean and then God forbid the windows will drink beer

Photos from the roof by the way - was in the Bronx is very easy to get to the roof, they are all open

In the yards of a variety of facilities for different age groups

Many playgrounds, all a bunch of benches

In the yards run proteins

And say hello to residents Shchukino and personally Elena Panteleimonovna guard and Oleg Zolotorevu that said protein is necessary for the existence of the forest without necessarily light tracks and other infrastructure

Sorry, I was on the roof for the first time, I understand that the frame is stupid. But to top it all looks so

And we have so

Where is the car park residents of the Bronx? They they are not less than the Muscovites. In the yards sometimes there is parking, but very little. About matched against the number of residents owning a car

Main parking along the road and sometimes underground

But most of the streets

All the time surprised diversity of platforms - that strange circle with chess tables around

It was hard to resist the temptation and not pofotkat from the roof of New York

Residents of the Bronx convey greetings to Muscovites and urges citizens to stop being afraid, to build all sorts of vandal-proof structures, machines and clog the courts to assume that if we remove the bench or leave the park shit, then disappear alcoholics and homeless.

Alcoholics and homeless benches are not needed, they can be great to drink in a puddle in the hallway, and in many other places. But normal people this is all you need to be on the street.

At the end of an interesting story of comments from novozhil. Shchukin comments about the park, but this story just summarized the whole concept of "city people" and why is it needed.

Listen, never intermeddle in LJ comments, but then just hooked. The story is. I live in Izhevsk, the district called Bummash (well about Uralmash Ekaterinburg). We've got Jager and shpritsevody harsher than yours.

I was under the windows of the park munitspialno-abandoned. 5 years ago it changed directors. The park used to be abandoned skaymeyki 3, in which the local jubilant gopota and sat, and mothers with strollers walked the perimeter and cautiously looked at a handful of syringes.
The director put the attractions to be honest, frantic prices, children's playground, benches, urns, changed lighting, renovated old rides, even a fence set (it does not know why, and you can not), and the park has become really the center of gravity, but Yeager dissolved in a crowd of children from 0 to 65.
In the morning is now grandmother to ski and ride running dog lovers, kids day, the evening probably there any nonsense, but it is more usual to vent just normal people, walk, communicate.
The peasants in the brazen beer or drink - sit in the local kebabs, in a sandbox is no longer the site dog walking and smoking room. This change right before our eyes, literally summer attitude changed. Holidays spend regularly on weekends animators Clown doll. That is, put the children in the priority - and they pushed marginal. Put your roller and hipsters in priority and forget about syringes in the stairwell.

P.S. Children in wheelchairs bench sleeping well, does not interfere. I have two of these wheelchairs were

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting