Comparing the US and China

To create a theme that's prompted me to this topic ... Actually, about the severity of the US laws and about the effectiveness of so draconian measures will be discussed later in the article, and now I just wanted to compare the two governments approach to various issues.

Rubbish and ecology
About US all know everything. Throwing a cigarette butt in the street, you're lucky if you get off with a fine. For violation of laying eggs at the giant tortoises you face imprisonment. For dug in his yard pool without the consent of city planning committee, the Committee on the Environment, water canal, etc. you also face a fine. Etc. etc. That is a direct analogy with the rails on which you have to go straight ahead and to the sides are machine-gun nests. Step left, step right - fines and prison.
In China, the situation is completely the opposite. For discarding rubbish in the street does not threaten you even outraged by the sight. It's okay to have seeds in a train and spit them on the floor. It's okay to smoke in the elevator, getting together with other passengers. And so on. But the paradox, the streets of Shanghai and New York, Guangzhou and Los Angeles, Beijing and Chicago are equally clean. The secret armada of thousands of janitors who from morning to night to sweep and wash the streets, in the conductors of cars that pass every twenty minutes on the car with a broom and mop.
Approximate costs. In the United States - millions to individual committees on wages separate police departments on surveillance cameras, labor agents in plain clothes, etc. In China - $ 300 per month and three-wheeled pedicab porter with a basket to collect the garbage. The result - the same.

Traffic
Here again, you can not paint for a long time, and express everything in two words. In the US, every ride, which goes beyond the boundaries of virtual rails on the pavement of the house and up to the job - deprivation of rights. Hitting the wheel on the STOP-line, non-ecological driving style (sudden braking and gas), speeding in the 5 km \ h, etc. Number of accidents - minimum.
China. Rules of the road, perhaps somewhere and there is a spherical horse in a vacuum, but in fact no one observes. It is the normal reduction of the road on an opposite (if you turn away much), the occupation of the two bands at once, naplevatelstvo pedestrians. So much for the cars, rickshaws general conversation about not going, they go as far, and where they want. Actually, the only rule is then observed - this "... If possible, please refrain from driving through a red light ...". During the year there, I saw three accidents, two of them - with the participation of the scooter and the car.
So observed parity. But do not forget about the cost of installing a network of surveillance cameras on the formation of thousands of additional crews Traffic police, etc.

Bribes and corruption
Here is a check can not be, believe it or not - a purely personal matter.
About US I do not know, as bribes to US officials and the police, I did not give. But something tells me that corruption is present there as a class, and blooms and smells quite google search for "US official fired for taking bribes." It is natural. Man is always trying to get more. But the fight against bribery where huge funds are allocated, as if not greater than any possible damage.
In China, things get easier. Here bribery and corruption - this is quite normal. Steal on the construction of the road, paving sidewalks, a bribe for what is your visa expired a couple bo ttom - quite normal. Another thing is that there is established an unwritten rule "Sper works - well, stole, broke - receive." In other words, if the road has collapsed in a year, then you go to court. And if you managed to steal a road and build quality in accordance with all the requirements, then you're done. And by comparing the quality of public services, the pavement, the network w \ d, service, we can say that they are approximately equal.

Generalization
Actually, we can say this, that in the United States solve the problem by tightening the screws. But as we all know from the physics course, the action is equal to counteraction, and in contrast to appear around the gang, drug addicts, criminals. The more restrictions, the more counterweight. Because of this, the US is now - a great place to live and the state of total control, where each sweep output, and each step is stored in the database. My father often said that a society - it is the pavement, where every step ka laws tiled and from birth to death, a person simply can not go by the wayside. Here, on Yap many people living in the US, let's ask them:
1) How many friends do not have health insurance, and how it threatens them in case of illness \ injury. How much it costs insurance?
2) What threatens spoiled credit history?
3) What threatens booze in 16 years at university?
4) What threatens the use of a belt for educational purposes
5) How much will education in normal university for 5 years?
6) What is the shortcut tax protester, and how easy it is to get
And so on and so forth. Finally, about the United States, I would like to say the following.
Everyone likes when other people execute the laws. But everything abruptly stops like when those same laws apply to them. Do not forget that the appearance of the street as "a little tipsy" does not cost you a fine of two minimum wages, this will result (perhaps 5 years) in the refusal in employment, driver's license and the refusal to the right to write an invitation to relatives residing abroad. Stepping too nervous policeman crossed the street, you risk being left without teeth, because the police had just returned from a night patrol Harlem and has the full right to use weapons in case of danger to his personal life. Etc. And by paying a fine of 5,700 (EMNIP dollars), deprived of a driving license for downed on night road gopher, you are on another look at the "state of victorious capitalism».
China. Here the authorities prefer not to interfere in the lives of citizens to a certain limit. Traffic police in the life does not stop you on the road to "checking the documents", but got into an accident you have hlebnesh dashing to the fullest extent. And before that - trips as you like. No one will penalize you for the discarded garbage, because than contain additional police department, is much easier to hire five janitors that will give the same result. Bribes - the same thing as doing work podvorovyvay.
And, like, I'm much more pleasant to live in a country where "motherfuckers motherfuckers called» ©

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting