Fireplace almost feminine hands over 3 days

Achievements each different: someone cooked eggs, and it is truly a feat, and I managed to finish today Fireplace candle.
I beg you not to interrupt and to tell the story to the end. Rather, even, it is not history, but my experiment and instruction for you, with the help of which everyone will be able to decorate the hall + a chance to learn from my mistakes!

Will be 12 photos.

Our fireplace was quite stylish and I even liked the same. But! Something he did not have enough.

My husband decided that we should make it a gem. With its taste, I never argued, he is a genius in this regard (I hope that after reading this story, and I reckoned it an additional plus sign :)
Let's start with the shopping:
2 sq. M. Gypsum brick for 177 USD.
Cutting Tile - 70 UAH.
3 point adhesive (adhesive plaster keeps bad) to 30 UAH.
Fugue white - 23 UAH.
Luck with the "effect of wet stone" - 120 UAH.
Forged jewelry 6 UAH.
Spray finishing decorations - 18 UAH.
Wooden planochka - found a home free of charge.
2 brackets of metal for 1 USD.
Preparing his fireplace we did not do nothing. Just one evening decided - it's time!

By the time "to lay out" fireplace took me 4:00. This, I smeared glue blocks (even managed to rub a blister on his finger), compares them to the width, stack, rap. The husband, however, also participated in the process - "ready" for me to cut half, they were one in each row, and his moral support was very important!

Crosses, we also bought, but I did not use them as building blocks, and so were very uneven. Glued conventional adhesive for gypsum. But on the morning of 6 kirpichinok from the upper sector it fell and broke. Then we bought a moment, and I have them re-stick. However, still separately prostukala each hanging - shot other 5 plitochek which would fall the next morning, all the glue is not stuck to them, remained on the wall. So it is better to Moment!
We are so enthusiastic that they decided to decorate the wall and in the kitchen, especially since there is still polupakovki tiles. As for me, the corner has healed a new life! Do you like?

Then I decided to make a surprise for her husband and trowel fireplace fugue, while he was at work.

I thought it was so easy and simple as wipe the tiles in the bathroom. Very wrong! Wipe fugue taken somewhere for 1 hour.
After 15 minutes, I leveled paltsamy joints between the bricks so that they are smooth and beautiful.

And you know, that was the most complex and protracted in time ?! Wash the tiles! 4! I am all hours of soap. For each kirpichinke I went somewhere 8 times - white streaks sorely wanted to disappear. Fingers has just could not bend and squeeze water from the washcloth. But I still overcame! And my little helper broke down and fell asleep. Shameless mother left the child without dinner, as requested every minute wait even a minute!

I sent to MMS-ku husband. He said he saw about an hour per cm. So, after a surprise success!
The next day, all covered with varnish to the effect of "wet stone" in 2 layers. Do not touch only the top, where there is a fire burning with candles to avoid fire, as the varnish is on fire!

Now, it remains the case for small - decor. I agree that this is a very male thing, and did not apply for the job! Her husband joined 3 thin planochki angle irons, drilled holes in them, to put things and good forged all sanded.

I painted it balonchikom.

Mounted on the wall, place candles, bedding skin.
Cheers, near the end! Here's what happened.

Posted in [mergetime] 1383651360 [/ mergetime]
Now you have to buy champagne, wait until late in the evening, put the kids to bed, light the candles - and spend the evening!
Thank you and beautiful fireplaces!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting