Painting the hood on their own

Painting hood is not easy, especially if you have no experience. But there is enthusiasm, a little means and the Internet. I have to say, the car is not new, and was bought for a penny, as podzhopnik. The costs are not high, the risks too. A desire to gain experience and take, so to say the soul is present.
Therefore, do not kick, please.
FOTA on the key to the garage.

Will be 23 photos. And the text.

First picked up a bar with a large sandpaper to understand how many layers of paint, and some general state of the hood itself.

The previous owner is not deprived of the creative inclinations and rukozhoposti simultaneously. Portray a space))
Bar travels mezhdplanetnom space.

Getting clean off. Philippines manifest in the post-apocalyptic period, a satellite image.

In another, still untouched place the hood is clear that in fact, the scenery was applied directly to rust and paint residues in the form of islands. For this it is necessary to beat.

A decision was made to clean the metal.

Metal, circular brush drill. Tried by the way, and with the Bulgarian Cup brush, but she caught his arm is not very powerful, removes bad, load it did not, sorry.

On brush inscription: «Wear eye protection». Obeying.

Cleaning process is time consuming, especially when it comes to this area, and about a decade of heavy rust under the paint.

Inserted brush larger diameter due to this increased contact area course, and it went a little faster, but it quickly went limp, fly off volosiny. I tried to rotate in different directions. As a result, I returned back to the smaller diameter of the brush, it tougher.

By the middle of the hood, began a strong vibration. And there was a feeling that I remove paint and rust do not punch in "Drill mode», and the helicopter. By the way when such works in addition to the points, advise and protect the ears. I did not, and until the next day's ear was laid.

The machine vibration lifted his eyebrows in surprise, but tolerated.))

It's hard to take such a course of gonorrhea. Centimeter by centimeter. Hands fall off, punch heated. Muzzle in a rusty dust.

These spots, even if they clean up to shine, are bumps on the metal. If they pick at the knife, when makroprosmotre will be seen that the rust inside the hood. Ie no ribs, and restore a sense is not.

Therefore I psihanul and bought new cowl)) The price issue 2 kilorubley.

Putty is not needed, a new hood, smooth, from Naberezhnye Chelny))

Heat the room.

Degrease the surface.

Apply the spray primer.

Layer 3 from the front side.

And two other hand

Aerosol paint, too. Do not kick. Putting the hood of course had to be horizontal. I left a few smudges, but it'll take them later, you can do it.

Well actually paint. Layer 4 on the front side.

2 and layer on the back.

We give a couple of days to dry and set the hood. In the spring look in which all will be able to, if there are little things, take off everything, and painted on the mind.

Actually everything. You can kick.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting