Excuse me for a picture of a "dictator"

Canadian skater has undergone a barrage of criticism after it posted a photo on Twitter, where she poses next to Vladimir Putin. According to the publication La Crosse Tribune, she - not the only one who was in a similar situation.

Proof

During a visit to Vladimir Putin, the Canadian Olympic Village houses in many athletes and fans took the opportunity and took pictures with the Russian president. Among them was the speed skater Brittany Schussler. However, a picture of her with Putin, published on Twitter, has caused outrage among Canadians, says the publication La Crosse Tribune.
Schussler wrote in his Twitter: «We had to ask him to be my Valentine." But the majority of its subscribers did not appreciate the joke. On athlete barrage of criticism, and she was forced to delete this record and photograph, the magazine writes. Then she explained that it was a joke, and said she did not want people mistakenly believed that it supports the values ​​of Putin.

Nevertheless, for many Canadians it was not enough. "I believe that hanging out with speakers that have plagued the LGBT community - it's just absurd! You should apologize before many. Check with whom photograph "; "Do pertinent humor where oppress the rights of any groups of the population? Anyway that pose for a photo with Hitler "; "I was horrified when I saw that Canadian athletes are crowding around Putin. I am ashamed of what I am Canadian. It's time to stop sponsoring the Olympics, "- wrote the users in Twitter.

La Crosse Tribune noted that Schussler - is not the only athlete who has been criticized. After the visit of the Russian president in the Canadian and American home in the Olympic village, many athletes are in a similar situation.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting