She gave an interesting story about Prince Philip, which tells of his life and the attitude towards the world.
I love this image, it could not be better it reflects the character of Prince Philip. Queen's husband casually dropped another firm and strict police joke almost burst out laughing, trying to hold on to attention. And the Prince, in his 91, as if nothing had happened is a walk in the cold to church after a long illness, when the queen mother went there by car. Philippe is accompanied only stables. That's the whole it.
In my opinion, Philip one of the most exciting and worthy members of the royal family. There has not. Almost immediately after the birth of the Prince of his family had to flee from Greece, the prince's parents divorced when he was not yet 10 years old and he was alone, his care do families from the British royal family. Throughout the war he served in the Navy, he was promoted to the rank of lieutenant. Difficulties only steeled his character. His favorite phrase is «just get on with it», which roughly translates as "Stop complaining, matter needs to be addressed." And he had lived all his life, he can not stand long beautiful speeches, can not bear to talk about his own person, and it's quite sincerely and without any advances.
Being very talented and ambitious in the service in the Navy, he left a passionate favorite thing, as soon as Elizabeth ascended the throne. He had to move into the shadows, and all my life to be her consort and father of a family. Really courageous act. For such a man as he is, it was a very difficult decision. But in the shadow of the prince he led a very active life: one of the first on British TV led popular science programs dealing with education, was president and founder of the different foundations and societies.
Philip a vivid example of the contradictory nature of the English: he is a great father of a family and a loyal, loving husband, but at the same time a connoisseur of female charms. For many years he was engaged in the preservation of endangered species, but at the same time himself an avid hunter. And what he was doing, he was never hypocritical, not someone trying to prove something.
The most distinctive feature of Philip - is his frankness in saying that many members of the royal family was considered unacceptable even to the time of totalitarian political correctness. He was even nicknamed Duke of Hazard (ie the Duke of unforeseen circumstances), but Philip always said what he thought, and continues to be true to yourself.
He has a great, pure English sense of humor, the so-called dry humor. He often uses it to defuse the situation in the prim reception when guests paralyzed from only one type of the royal couple. He did brilliantly successful, and he forgives any barbs. Unfortunately the British tabloids for decades, blinded from it almost a caricature. Man multifaceted, most intelligent and decent narrowed to the size of a comedian.
Philippe is completely devoid of sentimentality or displays of affection on display while he is kind, generous and caring. Even at 91, he has a sharp mind alive, who would be the envy of many young. Philip, probably the last of the famous personalities in the British Kingdom, which can not afford the luxury of saying what he thinks. A breath of fresh air
I made a selection and took a series of rectilinear, amusing and sometimes very funny remarks Philip. • Dialogue between the prince and the chief editor of the Independent on reception at Windsor Castle: - What are you doing here? - I was invited, sir - well, come-it was not necessarily • Prince said that will be the Madonna: "We grab earplugs?» • Sharply observed valet, who did not recognize him: "Oh, you're fucking stupid fool!» • Question girl cadet: "And you do not work in strip club?»
• Prince presented the award for the preservation of endangered species in Thailand in 1991, and he said: "Your country is notorious as the world center for the illegal trade in endangered species» • asked the winners of Britain's Got Talent (winners were representatives of different races and nationalities) " So you're all relatives? »• At a meeting with the President of Nigeria, who was dressed in national costume Prince said:" It seems that you are already ready to go to sleep »
• After the visit to Beijing Prince he shared his impressions: "Horror!» • noticed a group of deaf students, who stood next to the orchestra of percussion "Deaf? This is not surprising, if you stand near here »• Noticed a tourist in Budapest:" You probably do not live here a long time, yet the stomach »
• The Prince asked the climbers traveling to Papua New Guinea, "And you only then did not eat» • Verdict Prince after a visit to the British city of Stoke-on-Trent: "Horror!» • At a reception in honor of the influential Indians living in Britain, I remarked one of the guests: "Here all your family members seem to have gathered»
• «I do not cook at home, all I fall to this whimsical fanciful dishes» • Having been a guest in the house of the Duke of York Prince said: "The house is like a bedroom prostitutes» • at a reception: "Yes, to hell with your plan seating guests at the table, serve me dinner! »
• One said one official from the government: "You are just a stupid worthless oaf Whitehall: You do not trust me, and I do not trust you» • In 1981, during the economic downturn said: "A couple of years ago everyone was talking that people a little rest, and everyone just do that work. Now, many are resting, but now complain of unemployment. It seems that people can not decide what they actually want to & quot;
• During his visit to the association for research in the field of aviation said: "We fly very often, and so appreciated the new developments in the field of comfort, provided that you do not fly economy class, one name sounds scary» • Prince commented on the service of psychological support soldiers: "In my time there were no psychologists who would be worn around us, every time someone palil of weapons. We just went about their business »
• At a meeting with Paraguayan dictator General Stroessner: "Pleasure to stay in a country where the people have no power» • asked the residents of the Cayman Islands: "Did you not descendants of pirates?»
• Asked driving instructor in Scotland: "How do you manage not to give the local drink while passing driving test?» • Commented on Ethiopian art: "It is very similar to the crafts that my daughter brought a lesson in the school of Arts»
• once asked a journalist from a fashion magazine: "Do you happen to wear a mink underwear?» • When meeting with a blind woman with a guide dog joked: "And now even have dogs for the anorexic edaki»
• Prince offered a choice of wine at a reception in Rome, he said sharply: "Yes, I do not care what it is, beer, bring it! • «I would really like to go to Russia, although the rascals killed half of my relatives» • The club for Bangladeshi teen asked, "So, well, who dabbles in drugs here ... Ah, here it is like a drug addict»
• Once the prince asked the children from the music of the orchestra: "You actually play an instrument? Or do you have there under the chairs attached players? »• The issue of the Australian leader of the tribe," And you still rushes spears at each other? »
• Prince cooked breakfast is one of the famous French chefs. Breakfast consisted of bacon, eggs, smoked salmon, roast rice, fish curry, croissants and scones with chocolate. Prince had breakfast and said: "The French did not know how to cook breakfast» • once asked students who for some services were invited to one of the techniques, "Oh, it's you wrote that letter, then write you still know how to"
• Question the black British politician: "And from some exotic country you have us come for?» • At a meeting with plump teenager said: "And you would be worth little to lose weight» • Dialogue with the editor of one of the yellow tabloids - So from what you newspaper? - From San, sir - It is necessary, but in mind and not say
• Prince offered a meal: "No, thank you, yet what good swim here all» • Once asked Cate Blanchett to fix dvd player, on the grounds that she works in the film industry: "There's a wire sticking out the back, do not tell me where it should be connect »
• «people think that we have the class system, but the Duke married even operetta canary. Some or all took wives of American »
The joke about dogs for the anorexic, comment on the folk costume a la pajamas President of Nigeria, and arcade Cate Blanchett - my favorite.
With age, Philip began to resemble a predatory hawk, but despite some rigidity traits - his eyes always open, sincere and kind, sometimes sly, slyly. But the smile and the look of the Queen I do not like, I think it is artificial and cold ... The last photo, I think it shows the contrast with Philip.
And for dessert, for those who know English and is familiar with the realities - clippings humorous programs mock of the week, where the comedian Hugh Dennis takes news stories with the royal family, and imposes on them the dubbing, ie what people might say. He jokes over Philip passion for the hunt, to the feminine charms to good drinking, etc. Terribly funny. Especially the way it mimics the manner of speaking of Philip. Translate this is not possible in the post, as this should be done in the video titles