Last letter of mine

On the morning of May 19, 1902, the mine Fratervill, Tennessee, USA, thundered a loud explosion. The blast instantly killed most of the 216 miners who were underground. For the 26 men who survived the initial explosion, the mine turned out to be a side passage temporary shelter, but not for long. When rescuers finally reached them, they were all dead because of lack of oxygen. Near one of the victims was found a letter. It was written Vovelom Jacob (Jacob Vowell) and addressed Sarah Allen, beloved wife and mother of their six children, one of whom, 14-year-old Elbert was next to him in the mine.

The tragedy survived only three of the 216 miners, more than a hundred women that day were widowed and 500 children lost fathers.
With experienced Jacob seconds before death can be read in this letter.
Translation
& quot; Ellen, my dear, good-bye to both of us. Albert said the Lord will save us. We all pray for the air that sustains us, but it is becoming less. Ellen, I want us to be met after the heavens. Educate their children as best as possible. Oh, how I want to be with you, goodbye. Bury me and Elbert in the same grave with a small stone. Ellen Goodbye, goodbye Lily goodbye Jamie goodbye Horace. We are together. It remains a bit, already two lost consciousness. Several people are still alive.
Jake and Elbert, God, nothing else to breathe. Ellen remember my whole life.
Goodbye dear. & quot;

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting