Most popular stereotypes of Russian, which is partly true

Writes under the name American SnarkyNomad: Almost always, when I tell people that I was in Russia, they ask me why I do go there. What they are about Russia - this grandmother in a queue for bread in fur hats covered with snow. It is clear that the grandmother, fur hats and snow have not gone away, but because travel or just travel in Russia is still not widespread, the consciousness of foreigners just scored stereotypes about Russian 50-ies of the last century, and even before last. Much has changed over the past 60 years.

On the other hand ... These stereotypes are not without merit, and are sometimes sheer truth. And by the way, after my stay in Russia, I realized that some stereotypes still incredibly truthful. This country is more certainly than the old stereotypes, but if you still want to know whether the love in Russian * ku, or the truth is that the whole city covered with snow in winter, well ... let's find out!

1. They love to * ku.

And so, all the Russian - al * ogoliki and they are 2 steps away from al * ogolnogo poisoning, right?

Not really. Yes, bitch is still the queen of the holiday table, but in the early 2000s boom in retail beer produced because of low prices and selection fortress. Beer was not even considered as al * ogolny drink until recently, and take it easy a cool drink. Cola. Although, I think it is even to some extent reinforces this stereotype, in the sense that the Russian did not even consider beer al * ogolnym drink, so it is weak for them.

The idea is that things change. Yes, like a Russian national drink, but they also like beer and wine, and bars and clubs packed with popular Western brands.

They drink a lot. I mean really a lot. Whatever Russian family I was not invited to dinner, they always got in the * ku from the refrigerator and drank it. Drank as if it was their last night on Earth. You have any idea what the 9 shots per half hour dinner? I - yes.

Moreover, mother and daughter drinking champagne. In the same amounts.

Plus, even if not the biggest Russian al * ogoliki on the planet, but they are close to it. * Al ogolizm was declared a national problem, and when you assume that in most cases in binges leave men (whose life is significantly shorter as a result), then you realize that a lower percentage of women who drink, a kind of compensation. Therefore, such a picture as p * yany guy with a stun belch at the wedding becomes true.

2. They have a stone evil person.

I really am glad to say that this is the wrong interpretation of the facts. Unfortunately, the majority of visitors (tourists) see Russian in places such as offices, hotels, bureaucratic offices, passport control - that naturally strengthen prevailing view that the Russian did not seem polite and friendly.

But as soon as you should network at the common table with them, they will feed you until the stomach will not burst, and pour the vodka until your liver can not be smashed to pieces. What is the trick?

This can be compared with a glass barrier. While they were at it, they will not see the interest in satisfying your needs, as soon as the barrier disappears, they will tell you the whole story over a glass of tea in the kitchen.

Well, so you really could say "Today I learned something new," it is necessary to indicate, perhaps, on the most important thing: Russian do not smile to seem friendly. They smile only when really see / hear something funny and saw before him a true friend. And you realize that you live with a straight face that's okay, because They do an excellent job with the chores without having to smile everywhere. Sometimes, in the US, I was jealous of this feature of Russian society.

3. Bureaucratic nightmare.

I'll be the first to say it's 100% true. Any attempt to deal with the bureaucracy or some red tape - it's heartbreaking procedure that will test your faith in humanity at the highest level. Trying to get out of this situation is the same optimistic that stay sober over dinner with Russian.

Everything from visas and ending train tickets and throughput documents will take you to 43% of time longer than you expect, 28% everything will be less successful, and 34% more expensive. In general, be prepared. Then get ready for something else. Keep a stash, then to wash down all the sadness and frustration.

One exception - the train. More "modern" European railway system, compared with the Railways looks like a ride in a carriage on a dirt road in a rickety wheelchair.

One of my friends know how to solve these troubles and red tape to the fee. "High-speed tax" (bribes) - works very effectively. But if you do not plan to pay a bribe, then bear all the "amenities".

Speaking of bribery ...

4. All police - corrupt.

This is partly true.

Police, power, and all others like them have a terrible reputation in Russia, hinder the development and encourage cruelty. And it is in some sense true. First day in Russia remembered how awful passport check, or "give a bribe," which, incidentally, is extended to the entire post-Soviet space. This is very annoying! But I was lucky. I am very polite and intelligent, that all attempts to pull my money were unsuccessful. I caught only in Moldova.

Keep your passport away, boys. Imposes only copies. Good Luck!

5. The mail-order brides.

One popravochka: brides online correspondence. And they are mainly distributed in the Ukraine.

I take it very skeptical admit that there are only isolated cases. But when I was in Odessa, saw a huge advertising where luxury Ukrainian girl wants to get married JUST FOR YOU.

But, it concerns a second opinion about the fact that all Russian and Ukrainian girls are incredibly beautiful. I used to think that this is nonsense, because people around the world are different, and most of them look great, simply because evil, know how to dress and look after themselves. Here there is a highlight.

Of course, this may be a genetic predisposition, but I heard another explanation, while I was there. During World War II, Russia lost 20 million people. When the war ended, the people themselves who chose his narrowed? Of course, beautiful.

I can not tell if it is real reason or not, but looking at the girls think it's part of the truth.

6. There's really terribly cold.

Well, sort of. If anything, the Earth has its own axis, guys. Without going into details, I will say that the oceans maintain a moderate temperature, while at present all continents temperature variety.

So, if we are talking about Russia, then in such remote places from the ocean, for example, Southern Siberia, ocean heat just does not come (well, maybe some tiny percentage). Although the weather there can be very pleasant, and sometimes hot.

But still, there is very cold. Colder, perhaps only Antarctica. Record the lowest temperature in the inhabited area is divided between Oymyakon and Verkhoyansk - -67.7˚ S.

7. They love bears.

And who does not?

It's silly, but Russia has long been associated with the bears. So I thought it should be useful - to tell why.

It's very simple. These forests are home to a lot of bears. They are big and strong, and are a symbol of fear and ferocity. For a while the bear was part of the coat of arms, but in the end, they replaced it with a two-headed eagle, apparently preferring to anatomical accuracy.

Western countries teased Russia, associating it with the clumsy beast. Perhaps these people simply not given the chance to try to run away from the bear.

And yes, a bear can sfotatsya in almost every city. This is more kitsch and tradition, so I can not imagine a modern Russian who would say what they "bear fans."

8. They like nesting dolls.

Yes, they really are widespread among the souvenir shops in Moscow and St. Petersburg. In this sense, they have become a tourist product, rather than just traditional toys. But, when you consider that still most tourists it yourself Russian, the nesting dolls is not just toys that cram foreigners.

One of the most popular styles nesting dolls were images of Soviet leaders, which is a bit strange. Times were, come new leaders, and thus added a new figure. This series has become the biggest. Stalin became smaller and prettier with each new leader.

9. They love their writers.

Yes it is. Russian very proud of their writers. Poets, composers and other talented people. And this is understandable. Tolstoy and Dostoevsky worldwide find best writers. Not only them.

They put chic monuments on the graves; in the former homes hang a plaque; Russian and can even quote anything from books.

But as modern cultural achievements ... If you ever hear Russian pop music over the last 2 decades, 100% sure, you immediately turn it off would be. Russian, turn to the classics. You're good.

10. They still love the Soviet Union.

Uh ... In a sense - yes. For many Russian Soviet era - a time when things are great scientific discoveries, was economic growth, etc. They even created their own version of Winnie the Pooh! In fact, many critics consider it the best in the world.

And all this happened after World War II, the most destructive war in human history. It's like the uprising from the ashes.

When the Soviet Union collapsed, Russia's GDP has fallen by half in the lawless country, depression; it has lost half of its territory, millions of Russians are stuck on the other side of the borders of several new independent states; part of the nuclear weapons allegedly went missing, and the oligarchs captured the most profitable industries. And this is only a brief overview of everything that has gone. Soviet history as a symbol of the rise and fall of the Russian people.

However, for non-Russian citizens history is not so rosy. Of course, it is obvious that the Baltic countries were suffocating repression and the Soviet regime. As soon as they joined the EU, their economy has begun to grow rapidly, although they encountered some problems, as the former Soviet Union. And I'm not even talking about the Gulag.

It is easy to understand why the views are diametrically opposed to each other. The Soviet Union, of course, was not a paradise, especially for foreigners. But I think you can understand why the Soviet Union, despite the horrors of Stalinism and ubiquitous labor camps, remains a bright memories and feelings. I'm not saying that I agree with this policy, but I am saying that it is possible to understand, and I think you have to really ignore all these atrocities that proud of those times.

This post was meant more as an educational, I hope that this information will not just strengthen Russian stereotypes, but, of course, gave perspective. These stories is much more than just a coincidence stereotypes. Of course, I had a great time in Russia, and the people were very interested in what I was thinking about Russia and how it is to live in another country. Life is life, wherever you are. I mean, who does not like to slap on ryumashki during dinner? Only idiots. I think I caught from this Russian tradition ...

Just stay away from the police, and all will be well.

Source: muz4in.net

Tags

See also

New and interesting