Common myths about the human body

How much do we know about our bodies and if all this is true? After all, many knowledge we drew from the stories of our grandmothers or at school, and these sources are not always reliable :) In this article I will discuss the 10 most common myths about the human body






Myth № 1. It is believed that it is better not to wake sleepwalkers, as this could ruin their psyche because of the sharp awakening. This is actually a misconception much more damage can cause injuries from a collision with a door jamb, if the person does not wake up. But they must gently and then help him go back to bed

Myth №2. If you jump into the icy water - you can catch a cold. There is no evidence to support this. Yes, the most common viruses in the winter period of low humidity, but likely to get much higher indoors, where a lot of people. The only thing that can make a cold - to reduce the resistance of the body of the infection, which is already in the body

Myth № 3. After the death of a man of his nails and hair for some time continue to grow. This is misleading, in fact after the death of the human skin is dehydrated and compressed, and therefore it seems that the hair and nails are longer

Myth № 4. If you shave, the regrowing hair will be thicker and darker. Another misconception: Unshaven hair eventually narrowed, and therefore appear to be more subtle than regrowing. In addition, over time, the hair becomes lighter because of the sun, which also gives the impression that the new hair darker

Myth № 5. split ends of hair can be cured or air conditioning shampoo. Misconception of split ends can not get rid in any way, except to cut them. A good shampoo or conditioner can protect the hair, but does not get rid of split ends

Myth № 6. Men think about lo * se every seven seconds. If this were true, it would be impossible to concentrate on the essential things, such as work, and a lot on anything else. Fortunately, this is not true, and scientists have repeatedly argued that this statement is very much exaggerated

Myth № 7. Different parts of the language are responsible for different taste sensations. The idea that the taste buds in various areas of language distinguished separately sweet, sour, salty and delicious, discussed for decades, but it turned out to be false. Each area of ​​language can experience all the sensations. The idea of ​​a map of language in general has arisen because of mistranslation Harvard professor of German scientific work

Myth № 8. A man uses only 10% of his brain. Psychologist William James in 1800 metaphorically used the idea of ​​10% of the brain. This idea was picked up, misinterpreted as if the remaining 90% of the brain is not used at all. In fact, these 10% are utilized alternately from different parts of the brain, and without the other 90% of their work is impossible

Myth № 9. Sugar makes children hyperactive. That's not true! Held 12 large-scale experiments, during which it is proved that there is absolutely no connection between children's behavior and consumption of sugar. Studies were conducted on sugar from sweets, chocolate and natural sources. Even in the study of those who were considered sensitive to sugar, did not show any changes in behavior

Myth № 10. Warts can occur after contact with animals. Human warts caused by a virus that only affects people - papilloma (pappiloma). They can not be passed from animals with warts and even more so from the toads

As can be seen from the above myths, not all what we think is true! There are plenty of misconceptions prevailing in the society, but eventually everything becomes clear. But once people thought that the earth rests on three pillars ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting