Programmer from the podium

American Lindsey Scott by example destroys two stable stereotype: that there are no women developers, and that the girl can be either clever or beautiful. In her free time she has been writing applications to the ground - makes a salad of arugula, walking on the catwalk. Among the brands that Scott has worked at different times - DKNY, Victoria's Secret, Gucci and Prada.

The world learned of Scott as a developer mainly due Forum Stack Overflow, which programmers can ask questions about your code and get useful answers from other members of the community and experts on specific topics. On this website it is something like a celebrity: users get reputation points for helpful answers, and the site keeps track of the number of views each profile. Scott figures, respectively - more than 1000 reputation points and over 38 thousand views.

Lindsey studied at Amherst College in Massachusetts, where thanks to the open curriculum could try all that interested her: the acting game, Russian and English literature, mathematics, physics and programming. She had no intention of programming his life, because acting is still attracted to her a lot more, "Modelling - a kind of acting, to be converted into different characters and creating a single work of art».

That the popular idea that girls are not too interesting programming, Scott believes his frank s * istskim "thirteen year old girl may well be interested in computers and technology if they are given the chance. I know, I'm very interested in programming, Koga I was 13 or even less. I think that, in general, many young people would like to better understand how to create a technology that they use regularly, but too few of them have the opportunity ».

In the AppStore are two applications created by Lindsay - Educate! for iPhone and iPad, dedicated to supporting young entrepreneurs from Africa, and iPort for quick and easy creation of a model portfolio for iPad.

source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting