"Rusich"

It's amazing the ship was copied from swimming facilities used by the Vikings and the ancient Slavs in X-XII centuries and was built specially commissioned by Russian travelers in 2006 in Petrozavodsk. I suggest you see a few days in the life boat teams. 06.12.13
Team boat Rusich. Port of Eden.
Today, the Old Slavonic boat "Rusich" is anywhere from the port is not as yet the storm and the Australian Customs has not yet been written out to a permission to move on, so all the sleep off.

When I woke up, I was invited by Andy and Sarah (newcomers to the boat) to the diner in the port and treated coffee.
Andy - very cheerful and sociable, the style of life you can call it hippie, long hair, beard and constantly narrowed his eyes in a smile. Laughter is always and everywhere, loud burps, which greatly amuses the team :). A sort of a bad boy :).

Sarah - Australian, a little weird, no one speaks, and absolutely no emotion expresses only Andy can exchange a few stock phrases.

Before dinner, washed the boat with fresh water, coloring, cleaning up. For lunch cooked Glory excellent soup, but there is no one gave, say - let configure themselves.

I feed salad and led everyone in the Maritime Museum. I have never paid so dearly for such boring things: a pair of skeletons of large marine fish, a couple of boats and photos, as previously fished, kill and whales ...

The best thing is that there was a - a view of the ocean from the terrace.

Thank aka Borisych - a former biker, now (after the accident) kvadratsiklist and holder bar for bikers. It scares everyone with his dashing looks and an abundance of tattoos, in fact jovial and good-natured.

He does not know English, probably, and a dozen words, but with Andy (who is also on the Russian knows only: no, yes, thank you, please, tavern, beer, woman) inseparable friends go everywhere together, joking and laughing incessantly. How do they understand each other, do not understand! Probably just related biker soul, here and understand each other perfectly ...

Then all went together in rasprodazhny shop where everything is $ 1. They all are insulated, because the night watch in this weather - this is no joke. We went on the way back to the bar, missed a beer and went to the boat. We were already there waiting for Kevin - a member of the team on the transition from Tasmania in Eden. Bearded humorist from Brisbane.

Later came Alex and Anna, they also here in Eden disembarked. Very sociable, especially Anna. She immediately began to tell me about the hardships of sea life :).

All ate and touted Slavin soup. Kevin has taught me to knit a few useful sites.

There was another Aussie Scott, who was leaving today, too, is a great guy, you can rely on in difficult times.

During these few weeks, he has already managed to learn a few words of Russian. It is all very warm goodbye, threw their belongings with boat to the pier and from there with all my heart (feel like he's worried and trembling his voice), he said in Russian: "I love you!" Quickly turned around, jumped into his car and left. But most of the team, which he so loved in that time, and the very boat, he may never meet ... This trip will stay with him for life, and these people, he will remember for the rest of his life.
Just added to the separation of these saturated brightest, positive impressions of trips to the cloying little bitterness that makes the taste better, more complete and real.

Start sailing.
In the morning gathering in the way, yesterday's breakfast soup. Wait until the "Customs gives good».

Kevin came to see us off with his wife and Alexei Anya.

As soon as the customs officer came and gave all the documents quickly pushed off and got out of the engine bay. And there have already set sail that carried us north to the equator. Our challenge now for the day to go as far as possible, because then the wind changes to the counter and effort to go further would be impossible.

On board we have a total of 6 people. Keep watch in twos:
 - From 10.00 to 14.00 and from 22.00 to 2.00 - Ilya and Glory

- From 14.00 to 18.00 and from 2.00 to 6.00 - Sergei and I

- From 18.00 to 22.00 and from 6.00 to 10.00 - Andy and Sarah

Due to the small number of members is to watch, as you can see, even the cook, and the duties of cooking with him no one takes off.

And our captain does not currently stopping to rest. If you go at night, he almost did not sleep for days, all the while looking maps, weather, GPS ... Indeed, to pass on the ancient board floor of the World, this is not an easy task, requiring great effort, you need to take everything into account, error or carelessness can be fatal.

What a thrill - to go sailing! Only the sound of the sea, the wind, pat the sails and rigging creaking feeling of boundless freedom! Only the team that the boat and the ocean!

Set sail on a boat, in principle, very simple. It is only at the beginning of hard to understand in this pile of ropes and cables. The sequence around this:
 - 1 or 2 people through the system blocks raise the yard, and one gets it and puts the body perpendicular to the boat (in a lowered state lies along the hull yard)
 - Then turn the sail perpendicular to the wind and fix this situation Brasov (ropes attached to the upper corners of the sail to the yardarm)
 - Fix the sheets (ropes attached to the bottom corners of the sail)
 - Then the foot sling (rope in the center of the bottom side of the sail)
 - And finally the backstay side (rope in the middle of the sides of the sail)
 - All the loose ends of the rope is wound and removed from under the feet.
My advice against seasickness (until the body is not used to pitching):
 - Not to sit in the cabin, just lie
 - More on the deck and look into the distance, on the horizon
I was very seasick not tortured, but if I have long departed from the rules, then there is discomfort within.
The first day saw dolphins swimming very close in the evening and just floated several sea lions. The day passed in the management of the rook and the contemplation of seascapes.

2.00 Night with Sergei began our watch. The time from 2.00 to 6.00 is considered to be the most difficult, because it is very dark and very sleepy. And we are in total darkness, only an instrument and a lighthouse boat wound up in the bay, as in the morning the forecast was due to begin a strong headwind. My task was to maintain exactly the boat on the course or on the benchmarks that I gave Sergei.

He then went down into the cockpit and watched it maps and GPS on a laptop screen, then go out on deck and peered into the darkness. Somewhere closer to the 4.00 came on deck to help even Ilya with a powerful flashlight.

Anchored and everyone went to bed, and I'm on duty saw to it that we are not drifting along with the anchor.
Andy woke up at 6.00, and I went to sleep.

Source: ksamchuk.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting