10-storey wooden house

Many of us have fond childhood to build huts and houses on the tree, and then dreamed to live in them. American Horace Burgess embodies our childhood dream to life and almost single-handedly built a ten-wooden skyscraper around the huge white oak! Several other trees hold together this wonderful building. Let's look at a visit to the carpenter. Horace Burgess - a resident of a typical American town Krossvil that in Tennessee. Yes, and Horace quite typical one-storey America: plaid shirt untucked, the car - pickup. House Horace closest to heaven. Twenty years ago, he had a vision in which God came to American and said that he should build a tree house.

To get to the house on a tree is not easy. The coordinates are known, but that's only public visit a year ago, it was banned by a decision of the local fire marshal's government considered wooden house fire hazard. But I really wanted to get there, so I found the phone that same marshal and talked with him. It was evident that he did not very happy handed down the decision, the owner of the house and it pretty. So he gave his phone and said, "I can not forbid you to go there, it is a private area, ask the owner." Horace was very friendly, and agreed to show his creation, for he made a special trip from the city.

The building is stunning. As if it is not built around the trees, and the trees themselves grow out of it.

Before the gate to the house it was always open, and anyone can come here at any time of the day. "I built it all. This is God's tree house. He watches over him "- says Horace.

Boards and nails - that's all the stuff. Nails, however, was spent 258 thousand pieces!

Almost each of the thousands of boards there is any inscription. They leave the visitors, Horace, and not against it. First, a copper plate on the ground floor, he made himself. It knocked out the names of his parents.

Carpenter never considered how many square meters in the house. But he seems to be about a thousand. Ten stories, each about three meters. But the rooms in the house, there are more than eight dozen! Big in which to live and very small, and where only the children play hide and seek.

Hall height of several floors occupies church. Yes, this is true in the church, and everything made of wood. Altar, a large cross, be sure to shop. If desired, the benches are removed and the church is transformed into a basketball court. Upstairs, on the balconies, also installed benches.

Church, among other things, actions, though not official. In America, freedom of religion, and each person can establish his church. Of the country's thousands and thousands, the majority of Christian, but do not have an official Catholic. So, in the chapel inside the house on a tree 26 married couples.

Wooden sculptures depicting scenes den.

One of the floors look like a classroom. At first I thought it was a Sunday school, but it was still more interesting.
I bought them at auction. Retropartu wanted this for her grandson, the rate was only four dollars. So I put. - Says Horace.

It turned out that the exhibition consisted of a whole class of old furniture. Spending those same four dollars, Mr. Burgess became the owner of the wealth. sculpture, depicting a scene den.

Building a house is still not finished. It is planned and a lift, too wooden, hand-operated. After all, the church may want to come to people with disabilities or the elderly. Oh they always think it's America.

For those who are younger and bolder elevators already have. The house has many secret cubbyhole and "Easter eggs." After removing the cover, disguised as an ordinary floor, Horace has shown that there is hidden: sunroof and polished ramp to quickly descend to the ground floor.

For all the strangeness of construction, its creator does not seem a madman. But the man apparently lives in his own world. The symbols and formulas, for example, refer to the mystery of creation, that Jesus said to him in a dream. However, to unravel the meaning of life Horace still not possible, but the main thing - there is a formula.

Outside, when viewed at a certain angle, a wooden house is like a huge ship with decks. Which again confirms the divine component of the project may be treated as Noah's Ark.

Homemade swing. The rope attached almost to the roof, the amplitude of the swing is 15 meters. Yes, it's all Swing Swing!

Once on the doorstep was a man who found out about the "divine tree house." Horace said he did not like Jesus. Theological discussion the two men dragged, the host offered his guest for the night. Newcomer lived here for three years, in this very room. Interestingly, then they almost never spoke, although the tenant Horace helped with the construction. He disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared.

In 2013, two decades after the start of construction, the building was included in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest and highest tree house.

Mr. Burgess was not alone in his project, he was helped by friends and just strangers. For example, one of the floors occupied by wooden sculptures depicting the Last Supper.

Unfortunately, the years take their, and some statues are falling apart.

But to the house does not fall apart, Hores watching him. That here and there nails new board.

We climbed higher and higher, and that's made it to the roof of the building. It remains to overcome a couple of floors and get to the top of the tower, which is also and bell tower. The role of the old bells operate large balloons that store carbon dioxide.

Solarium. You can take a sun bath! In fact, the warmest place in the county. I did come here in the winter, the house is especially cold, the wind blows through. This balcony Horace built for his wife. With it, he pointed round wedding anniversary.

I think it's great when people support each other's hobbies. Although I do not know, maybe the wife is also very religious?

Climb the tower and see: Jesus! Name, lined with grass, shrubs, and in the summer more and decorated with flowers.

Divine invisible hand or just a beautiful legend and belief? It depends on whether you believe in God, everyone decides for himself. In any case - Horace did something big that will be after him on the planet.

Source: macos.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting