Mask Corvo, the character of the game Dishonored, printed on 3D-printer and first exhibited at Crowdfunding. History of the project

I have long thought about printing characters online games on 3D-printers and fundraising via Crowdfunding for printing them on a commercial scale. In runet I've seen a few projects, but they did not go far. Spring in my profile vkontatke wrote fan of the game Dishonored, with a request to print a mask character Corvo Atta. At the time, I just started to lead his team on vkontakte 3d-printing, and through it he found me. After reading the question, I realized that until now the mask has made a couple of enthusiasts, one of which is located in the state, while not intending to sell it. And those who have decided to make masks for sale, do it manually, a very long time. For me, it became clear that here it is, unfilled niche. Of course, the figures of the top games on the sly printed, but that on Crowdfunding - there is no such.

Therefore, without thinking twice, I started looking for a team. First, find a kindred spirit in the face of my friend programmer who was just about to acquire 3D printer, then found a designer. Was first made 3d model mask our designer. Was based on three-dimensional wallpaper mask Corvo, are freely available www.dishonored.com/revengesolveseverything. But the work was slow and dragged on for almost 3 weeks.

Finally, the mask was ready, and could only print it. My partner had already bought a 3D printer BFB 3D tuch. But suddenly there were problems with the software. We have tried to print the left cheekbone. 3D printer prints the entire item normally, but in the end, why do not overprint. In general, we began to look for professional 3D-printers. Our friends beginners 3d-printers were not taken up this matter. Beating a lot of prototyping centers in Moscow and met many interesting people, it became clear two things: first details of a complicated and not everyone wants for her brother, and secondly if u want, then ask for a high price. It was therefore decided to look for 3d-printer outside Moscow. Initially found prototyping center in the city of Perm for us at a reasonable price. Waited 2 weeks queue. When the mask finally launched into print, a day that is broken and they honestly returned the money to us. Finally we found in Peter freelance 3d-printer, running over a student. He fulfilled the order for the week, made a very high-quality model itself brought the mask to Moscow, as well, and went to his friend. Therefore, we decided to take him to the team.

When painting the mask, we first chose a bad silver. He was too bright. Therefore, the mask had to be repainted in a darker color. Found wire and cloth. Red and saccular cloth glued in one of the studio. Then cut out and glued to the mask. Monocles poured from a material - crystal-rubbers.

At the same time I find prices of manufacture of masks at factories making plastic products, and tentatively agreed on ordering. Also found a company that is ready to paint and assemble the party masks.

Finally finish line - we put the project on bumstartere. Now it remains to find out how much need a mask Corvo fan community game Dishonored.

A first prototype we gave our very first customer who spodvig us on this experiment.

Video presentation masks and ceremonial presentation of the first lucky owner masks Corvo.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/204660/

Tags

See also

New and interesting