Authentic Venetian masks master Franco Sesamore

In Italy, there are not more than 10 craftsmen who made masks for carnival on old technology, which secrets are passed down from generation to generation. One of these masters - Franco Sesamore.

Production of masks - fine handmade and are they cheaper than $ 60 each (compared to simple masks, plastic price tag is set in an area up to 10 dollars). Some works are estimated $ 600 more expensive, and some have $ 1,000.

Goddess of freedom in the Asian style

Family Mardi Gras (Mardi Gras) produced masks in Venice in the 14th century. Skill roots even deeper, before last millennium. Manufacturers masks then called maskerari, and they were considered one of the most influential merchants. Methods of making masks based on the tradition of making some costumes of the Roman Empire. Today, the ancient family tradition of Mardi Gras are the property of the master secret Franco Sesamore.

Large oval man painting in the style of decoupage

Merry Ale

Cheerful Harlequin

Cheerful Clown

Cheerful clown painted in traditional purple, gold and emerald green color - a symbol of Mardi Gras home

Cheerful Roman

Cheerful man

No, technically there is nothing too complicated. But you know, this is a skill. Everyone knows the alphabet, but not all write books. I do not think that I have and ever will be competitors. I do expensive mask, but there are cheaper, they are also good, but not as original as single unique copies, on which I vozhus weeks.

Joker

Joker

Mask character Zanni, malicious hero street theater under the symbolic name "Commedia dell'arte". Here, in honor of improvisation, but there are many recognizable faces who knows the names of all of Italy. Character meme as Mickey Mouse in the United States.

Zanni

Gatto cat black velvet

Baran mask made of blue velvet and silver threads

Mask DekoStik

Indian tribal mask of the Incas in emerald and gold tones

The process of making the mask begins to prepare the ground made of papier-mache. It should have an anatomical shape and be comfortable to wear: never push, not reap not stick. Then the mask is dried in the oven, covered with a variety of expensive pigments, feathers, Swarovski crystals.

The famous mask Columbine to the holder, covering half of his face. Jewellery made of strands connected in style macrame. Knits master himself.

The famous mask Columbine

The materials are expensive, that's the truth. But equally important to observe the ancient tradition. For what is a cheap mask of plastic? Nothing! Non-significant, the empty model, an allusion to the ancient beauty and the mystery of the carnival. This mask - is another jewel in the bank history.

Columbine Stick Wood expensive breed

Queen music

Captain America mask

Masks are stored as master of antique value and eventually rise in value. For example, the exclusive distributor of masks in the United States, the owner of the company «Si Lucia» Christine Egan argues that masks as living masters.

Do not believe it when I first picked up a mask in hand, it seemed to me that she was talking to me. Now I finally believed that the carnival - a dance of entities from other worlds, not just a colorful parade of elegant guests.

Beak Mask

Columbine mask in the art macrame

Columbine mask with feathers

For the manufacture of masks used very high quality materials. Clay master cooks hand so that it was non-toxic and does not irritate the skin of the wearer.

The idea masks are designed for continuous wear. I make them breathe.

Mask lily covered with gold leaf

A feathered mask in the style macrame

Tao character mask with blue and yellow feathers

Egan argues that Franco "a hundredfold more than just an artist." It is the creator of its products.

Masks are sold in Italy and in some US cities such as Washington, New Orleans. Some masks, however, the most unpretentious, can be purchased on Ebay.

Mask flame covered with gold and silver leaf foil

Fish in the style sur

Traditional Columbine mask with peacock feathers

Incidentally, two unique masks, created in 1985, 12 years later, in 1997, saw producer Jan Harlan, who was inspired by Stanley Kubrick and offered to buy them for the film "Eyes Wide Shut", which starred Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruz.

Mask hero Tom Cruise

A documentary about a meeting with the master and the mask for the film "Eyes Wide Shut»:

Tags

See also

New and interesting