Gemma Ward

Gemma Ward, hitting at a young age in the modeling business, suddenly became famous. She recognized a real discovery, and after a while it became one of the highest paid supermodels in the world. At the peak of his fame Gemma left the world of fashion. My favorite model is so cute that even Bambi in comparison with it just a deer.

Ward got into modeling accidentally. Her scout noticed when Ward was a spectator during the shooting of a reality show Search for a Supermodel. Chris Fox:

In the studio, I was trying to find a promising face. More than 1,000 teenagers camped on the floor waiting for selection. I saw Gemma. She stood out from the other kids. I approached her and asked: "Do you want to participate?" And she replied: "No! I came to support their friends "- amazing girl!

But in the end the agent managed to persuade Gemma. Ward could not believe that anyone can enjoy. For it was a real shock when first received a job offer. And anyway, the girl had other plans.

I wanted to be an actor or comedian, because that makes people laugh and was always stupid. So I never thought about a job where I had to be beautiful, elegant and polished.

Gemma was fascinated. The young lady became involved in various shows: Prada, Balenciaga, YSL, etc.

She was very young, quirky, great! She is only 15 years old. Lou Smith

I thought that Gemma Ward - This other worldly creature. She is incredibly fragile, but at the same time strong. She was able to challenge the understanding of beauty. It is very strange look turned to the aesthetic side of Prada, which in itself is quite unique. Russell Marsh

The Beauty! Miuccia Prada

Gemma Ward - one of the very few models whose gaze penetrates through and through, as if from another dimension. Nick Wright

The popularity of the girls grew and grew. She was young, the rays penetrated her glory.

She was a child. Sweet girl with wide eyes, which was surrounded by all this entourage around him, adults whose incomes depended on how she looks. Ward seemingly was impressed by all the attention. Young models do not always understand what they're getting into, what will be their future when their bodies change.

Then Gemma spoke of the fashion world, as a fake. She said that little girls should not trust him, he will shelter you for a while, and then spit out. Few managed to hold out for a long time at the forefront. Such exceptions as Kate Moss, only prove the rule.

I think Gemma Ward, growing, becoming more attractive. It is still growing, still taking shape of a real woman. She may have a few years to satiated life model and to lose all interest in the catwalk. The girls are now able to put together a decent state for a couple of years, to provide themselves with the whole future life. Phelan Ward

Ward as the water looked. But the decline of the career of Gemma later.

Talk about it, she was invited to participate in campaigns, open and close the show to star in photo shoots and magazine covers. Gemma became the darling of the Chinese Vogue: the first 300 000 copies with Gemma went on the cover 3 hours.

Every millimeter of her body is robust action. Today, Gemma is the second model in the world. Note that it is only 18 years old! Susie Deveriddzh

She has appeared on over 20 magazine covers of Vogue and became one of the youngest models ever graced the front page of the world's fashion magazine. Gemma - Alien, it gave impetus to the development of fashion for girls. Publications called her porcelain doll, Siamese kitten or Archangel of Neptune. With the advent of Model Sasha Pivovarova and named their twins were compared. Although they are, of course, not particularly like.

Then Gemma appeared in the film Stranger with Liv Tyler, conceding Milan Fashion Week. However, in Paris and New York, Gemma worked at full. We started to talk about the weight of the model: Ward noticeably rounded face. A year - not only in the face, but in the body.

Gemma took part in only a few shows - Lagerfeld Gallery, Valentino ... then I thought it was understandable that Ward and so earn enough, participating in major advertising campaigns, therefore screenings for it is not so important. Until I saw her on the catwalk Chanel. I almost did not recognize Gemma!

About Gemma rumors. Not a very pleasant situation for the model. Yes, there are Lara Stone and his nemodelnymi sizes (and the first place in the top models!), But again - exceptions prove the rule. Even the "fatty" Coco gave up and lost weight (customers did not like it at 49kg 180cm). The media began to meet stinging remarks. Title one newspaper: Chanel spr '08: large model on a catwalk. Excerpt from the article by another: Ward is not very suitable for tiny bikinis Chanel.

Gemma in 2004

Every six months there are new girls. On a delayed such as Kate Moss, are twenty who do not pass the test. You gain weight - and you're out of the race. This illusory industry that does not like unruly. Customers are beginning to say, "She's fat, not worth it bukirovat!" So, how have there.

After the death of her boyfriend - Heath Ledger, Gemma really thrown himself and the business model. It was scary to see pictures of her then, perhaps it's the skinny Gemma? However, Olga Liria said that's not the reason for weight gain Gemma.

The body of Gemma now just natural, then, that given the nature of it. Female metabolism varies in 20s. Perhaps trying to stay in business, where size zero - that's okay, for it was unnecessary and not worth it to go for them to make such sacrifices. In an isolated fashion we have a distorted view of the body, we do not know what is normal and what is not. After the 6th or 8th the size of the model is considered to be huge!

Alas, but fashion does not stand still. She's always on the lookout. What girl is a new discovery of the season? Who next Gemma? For several years, the model can be a great career. However, more suitable place next.

Now Gemma is busy in the film. It - one of the mermaids in the fourth Pirates (and quite slim mermaid). Prior to that, Gemma also starred in other films, such as pink or black pajamas inflatable balloon.

I understand that I can not please everyone. When a person is constantly trying to live with illusions, someone has to break them, to show that this is unrealistic.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides / Tamara - First Mermaid

2. The Strangers (2008)

Strangers / Dollface

3. The Black Balloon (2008)

Black Balloon / Jackie Masters

4. Pink Pajamas (2001)

Gemma earned the starting capital in the modeling business. It has become a supermodel, it has become one of the highest paid models. Now it is more important to study and shooting a movie - because it all the time about this dream. She said she would return to the world of fashion. But authoritative sources claim that this will no longer be. And if there will be something incredible, and Gemma, throwing off the extra kilos, will return to the business model, it will never again become a supermodel.

I think the story of Gemma, as a model, sad. It could be a phenomenon, a legend, it is quite accurate. But, apparently, Ward did not pursue such objectives. It's a pity. I would be happy again and again to see her at shows and in magazines.

Tags

See also

New and interesting