Gerard Butler

My "acquaintance" with Gerard Butler took place when I got the film adaptation of the musical "Phantom of the Opera." Given my fanatenie of good music (and the author of the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical is widely regarded as a classic of modern times), I could not miss such an event - have long wanted to see the staging of "Ghost." Honestly, I have not heard before about Butler nothing. However, as of the rest of the cast of this film. And he got the role because of his voice. From the perspective of a professional opera singer, of course, a lot of technical inaccuracies. But Butler is not an opera singer, his voice is more suitable for rock music. But as for me, no other operatic voice was impossible to pass because the timbre and intonation Ghost.

Maloizvetny at the time Butler pushed John Travolta and Antonio Banderas, to apply for this role. And all because the maestro Lloyd Webber liked the voice of Gerard (our tastes are the same :))

I can not include here an excerpt from "The Phantom." Personally to me to execute this duo like most of all.
"Animals in point of no return»

Then began a more detailed introduction. I can not say that Butler is a genius, but somehow, he almost did not recognize at least outwardly. "Dracula 2000" - oh, I peered to see in it something similar to Ghost!

Butler tries to choose his diverse roles, which makes it possible to evaluate his acting skills.

Gerard lawyer by education, and for a while he worked in the specialty. However, such routine work caused him depression and only hobby of alcohol, which for anyone without a trace does not pass.

By the way, the roots of his musical abilities go home: in Scotland, he sang in a rock band «Speed», which came thanks to his friend. And after watching the show "Trainspotting" Butler finally decided to go into the acting profession.
In general, the Scot it appears quite often. For example, the very fact that Butler asks everyone to call himself Jerry, because he does not like the Americans say "Gerard" in his own way.
According to him, the Scottish origins and emphasize its gastronomic preferences:
While I'm doing, I have to sit on a diet, but my Scottish roots call I have as much carbohydrates and sugar. Now I live in America, but I never felt that my soul is here with me. When I go back to Shotladniyu, I think: yes, it's mine. I am a Scot to the bone.

It should be noted that Butler is very beautiful eyes and an open friendly look. They, by the way, reflect his actions. Once Gerrard rescued a drowning boy, for which he was awarded the "Certificate of Bravery" from the Royal Society rescue drowning. He also is one of the friendliest Hollywood actors: a hundred fans in a row will ask for his autograph and photo on the memory - he will not leave without attention.

Tags

See also

New and interesting