Facts about Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein. Probably not such a person, who has not heard about it. It is certainly a genius, a great scholar. His discoveries in science have given tremendous growth of mathematics and physics in the twentieth century. Einstein is the author of about 300 papers in physics, and the author of over 150 books in the other sciences. During his life, he has developed many important physical theories.

Born on 14 March 1879 in Ulm, Württemberg, Germany. Albert's parents were married for three years until his son. His father, Hermann Einstein, owned a small company that was engaged in packing feather mattresses and pillows. His mother's name was Pauline Einstein, she was born in a family of successful trader corn Julius Dertsbahera. Albert Einstein received his first education in a Catholic school. On the initiative of his mother, he was six years old he took violin lessons. Throughout his life, he never ceased to get involved in music.

In high school he was an excellent student (mostly his knowledge was higher than the other students in Latin and mathematics). Albert Einstein did not like the teachers because virtually all issues, he argued with his teachers amazing, but in almost all cases he argued his case.

Albert was not deprived and sense of humor. This is shown by a variety of fun events from his biography.

Time and Eternity

American journalist, a Miss Thompson interviewed Einstein:
"What is the difference between time and eternity?»
Einstein said:
"If I had the time to explain the difference between these concepts, it would pass forever before you could understand it».

About telephone numbers

One lady friend asked Einstein to call her, but warned that her phone number is very difficult to remember, "24-361. Remember Me? Repeat! »
Einstein was surprised:
"Of course, I remember! Two dozen, and 19 in the square! ».

Einstein and Chaplin

Einstein loved the films of Charlie Chaplin and great sympathy for both him and his pathetic characters. One day he sent a telegram to Chaplin:
"Your film" The Gold Rush "is clear to all in the world, and I am sure that you will become a great man! Einstein ».
Chaplin said:
"I admire you even more. Your theory of relativity does not understand anybody in the world, but you still become a great man! Chaplin ».

Einstein and rain

When Einstein was once at a party, on the street it began to rain. Outgoing owners scientist offered his hat, but he refused:
"Why do I need a hat? I knew it was going to rain, and therefore did not take his hat. It is evident that the hat will dry much longer than my hair ».

Grandpa, teach arithmetic!

Once, going to the Berlin tram, Einstein plunged into the habit of reading. Then, without looking at the conductor, he drew from his pocket a ticket in advance reckoned money.
- There is not enough - said the conductor.
- It can not be - the scientist said, not looking up from the book.
- I tell you - is not enough.
Einstein shook his head again, he says, this can not be. The conductor was indignant:
- Then consider here - 15 pfennig. So it is not enough of another five.
Einstein fumbled his hand in his pocket and really found the right value. He felt awkward, but the guard said, smiling:
- Do not worry, Grandpa, just need to learn arithmetic.

Distraction Einstein

Once Einstein pensively walking down the street and met his friend. He invited him to his home:
"Come and see me in the evening, I will have Professor Stimson».
My friend was surprised:
"But I did, and there Stimson!»
Einstein said:
"It does not matter - it's like come».

Quotes of Albert Einstein is a separate issue. After all, it can not be denied the ability to beautifully, succinctly and humorously, to express their thoughts.

- Infinite Universe and the only human stupidity. Although about the first I have doubts.

- Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving rise to the evolution of

- The question that puzzles me, "I'm crazy or the rest?»

- Do you think all that simple? Yes, it's simple. But not so.

- Why would I want something to remember, when I can easily see this in the book.

- The order requires the fools, the genius of the rules over the chaos.

- The greatest folly - is doing the same thing and expect a different result.

Einstein and more negative attitude toward rote learning scientific material he considered this method harmful as the creative thinking process is not compatible with a simple "memorization».

Albert Einstein was one of those people with whose feed was started the famous Manhattan Project, which was the brainchild of an atomic bomb.

Marilyn Monroe and Einstein were the idols of America, 1950. The first was a symbol of beauty, Einstein - the benchmark of genius. While this was a very popular anecdote:

Albert Einstein and Marilyn Monroe met on a secular reception. "If we had brought a child - actress turned to the scientist - he would inherit my beauty and your mind. It would be fantastic. "And if it turned out beautifully, like me and intelligent like you?" - Einstein grinned.

Albert Einstein died on April 18, 1955 1 hour 25 minutes, 77-year life at Princeton from rupture of an aortic aneurysm. Before his death, he spoke a few words in German, but the American was unable to nurse them and then play. He forbade lavish burial ceremonies with loud, which wished that the time and place of burial is not disclosed. April 19, 1955, without publicity funeral of the great scientist, attended by only 12 closest friends. His body was burned in the crematorium Ewing Cemetery, and the ashes scattered to the winds.

Tags

See also

New and interesting