The benefits of atavism

All my life I confuse with the rudiments of atavism. Rudiments - the authority, which now has no function, but needed our evolutionary ancestors.
When I was in school, these include the coccyx (the rest of the monkey tail) and the appendix, and at the end of the XIX century the rudiments of thought around 180 organs, including the thyroid gland and the meniscus of the knee. Now found that nothing superfluous in our body is not present, all the organs needed.
With atavism is not the case. For example, what other man hairy back? Or the muscles that allow wiggle their ears? These muscles I opened his chance in the 9th grade. My neighbor on the desk, Valera Plekhanov, stunningly slid hair, he wrinkled his forehead, and the hair on the crown slid forward, then straightened his hair and all went back.

I spent a lot of agonizing minutes before the mirror, achieving the same effect, but apparently we Valera were from different evolutionary material with different atavism. My scalp refused to move, but it started to move the ears.

Now you can amuse young children who come from such a focus in delight, or, without changing expression, with a straight face, ears, take back, portraying surprised contempt.

Director of our 23rd school in Tallinn, Mrachkovsky, tall and handsome man, a disabled war veteran, walking threw forward step with the prosthetic foot. Mrachkovsky feared and respected, and his history lessons party sat quietly and studied.

I think I have started to read the work of Lenin, not provided school program. In particular, became interested in the ideas of Lenin in his article "The State and Communism," in which he argued that the development of communist society, the state would wither away.

We lived in Stalin's reality where even without the knowledge of the authorities was impossible to breathe. I began to share Leninism with classmates, someone reported, I was summoned to the director on the carpet. Were in trouble, with an invitation to the school of his father. A taste for reading primary sources repulsed me forever.

But, as a result, I got to college grounded in the theory of Marxism-Leninism and the exam at the end of the third year
walked without fear. Mrachkovsky was able to show us the inner harmony and logic reasoning of Marx, the historical inevitability of the events taking place on the discovery of the law. The feeling of a great and bright future breathtaking.

You could say that I was a Marxist fundamentalist, however, a very short time. What the newspapers or heard on radio, no relation to the high philosophical thought did not matter. Therefore, the Soviet radio I did not listen, did not read Soviet newspapers.

The exam on the history of the party, I pulled the ticket with the familiar material prepared and left to answer. I glibly talked about the split in the RSDLP, which occurred at the II Congress of the Party in Brussels and London.

Then he arrived in London, I found the pub in Primrose Hill, near the zoo, on which sat "Iskrists" in August 1903. But back to the exam. In the middle of my answer, entered the room of the district committee of party worker, sent for verification.

He sat down at the examination table and plunged into the study of tickets. Without taking his eyes from his papers, he said our professor from the pulpit: "The student responds well, let's ask around on the current situation."

Inside I have all dropped, but there was no panic. On the contrary, there was some cold prowess - was not! I stared at our Marxist and made several distinct movements ears. Back and forth, back and forth.

Professor face remained completely inscrutable - no smiles, no indignation, no twinkle in his eyes. He looked at me dead python look and said in a hoarse voice impassive: "This student is responsible for a long time, let's ask around next." And he took my record book, wrote back fat five.

Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting