In the beginning ....

At the beginning of the 20th century, a Scottish farmer returning home. Passing the swamp, he heard a cry for help. farmer ran to the voice and saw a boy trying to get out of the quagmire. Farmer quickly cut down a thick branch, cautiously approached and handed thread drowning. When the boy got out, he could not calm the tears, he was trembling.
 - Come to my house, - said the farmer. - You need to calm down and keep warm.
 - No, no - the boy shook his head - I was waiting for my father. He must be very worried.

Thanking his savior, the boy ran away ... And in the morning the farmer saw that his house has approached coach and thoroughbreds. From the coach came well-dressed gentleman and asked:

- It's you last saved the life of my son?
 - Yes, I am, - said the farmer.
 - How much do I owe you?
 - Do not hurt me, sir. You do not owe me. I did what had to do a normal person.
 - No, I can not leave it just like that, because my son is very dear to me. Name any amount - insisted visitor.
 - I do not want to talk about it. Goodbye. - The farmer turned to leave. And then jumped onto the porch of his little son.
 - Is that your son? - Asked a guest.
 - Yes - proudly replied the farmer, stroking the boy's head.
 - Let's do so. I'll take your son with him to London and paid for his education. If he is as noble as his father, neither you nor I will not regret this decision.

Several years passed. Farmer's son graduated from high school, then medical university, and soon his name became internationally known as the name of the man who discovered penicillin. His name was Alexander Flemming.

Before the war, one of London's hospitals enrolled with severe pneumonia son of the gentleman. Do you think that saved his life this time? - Yes, penicillin, Alexander Fleming opened.

Name gentleman who gave education Fleming was Randolph Churchill. His son's name was Winston Churchill, who later became Prime Minister of England. Perhaps these events recalled Winston Churchill, saying, "Make you the same to you and will be back."

Tags

See also

New and interesting