On old New Year’s Eve, everyone gathered at my house, but after that night, the kids don’t want to see me anymore.

Who wants the most? stamp? Statistically, it is women who insist on legalizing their relationships once and for all. This way they feel in a safer position. In addition, marriage gives them a certain status, which can already be used in a variety of life situations. From social aspects to banal promotion in the workplace.

However, modern men also began to see their advantages in official marriage. First of all, the same job. It turns out the bosses look at married workers as more promising. So why not use your status for your own purposes? Marriage strengthens relationships, no matter what anyone says. It is much easier for a woman to cheat if she is just in a relationship. A ring on your finger can actually work as a moral compass. And yet, some men, especially mature ones, just do not want to go “man”. You don't want to, you can't get away from your family.

After the celebration of the old New Year, my children expressed the unanimous opinion that they were no longer going to celebrate anything in my home together. After such a scandal, shouting and even a little scuffle, I should have understood them. If not for one nuance: the fight and all the rest of the negativity were arranged by them, adults, formed people. And now they consider themselves offended. How did that happen? Now I'm going to try and tell you everything. Then decide who is right and who is to blame.

As you can see, I am no longer a young woman. I'm 64. Unmarried, divorced. My first and only husband broke up with me when I had two children in my arms. And there was nothing in his heart that hurt or hurt. I know that for sure. But, unfortunately, my children, who today should have grown up and realized everything, still protect their father. He's, you see, corrected. Because a couple of years ago, I got back in touch with them and pretended to be a good-natured old man who didn't know how they lived before. Bastard.

Secondly, in my entire life, I have never demanded any sacrifice or handout from my son or daughter. On the contrary, when the opportunity came, I left them to my grandmother, and I went behind the cordon to earn money. And after spending more than ten years there, she provided her family with housing and even more. The son received enough money to buy a two-bedroom apartment after reporting some of his personal savings. And my daughter, I bought a single one, right before the wedding. I think I have fulfilled my maternal duty.

I only worked abroad to make money. My willpower was enough to tune in only to this regime. I was undernourished, saving on the quality of housing and some food. I didn't go on dates, even though a lot of people did. For me, that time was like someone else’s life. Robot life, if you will. So, it is not surprising that after finally finding a decent man, I completely fell in love with him. This is the third thing I want to tell you about myself.

Kirill suits me absolutely everything. He's kind, sweet, hardworking and really has feelings for me. Having come home from a long trip, I thought it would be foolish to give all the money earned to my children. I love them, but they have grown up by now. They have their own families and their own worries. We haven’t seen each other for a long time. It would be naive to think that I would be the main person in their lives. So you have to think about yourself. Why not if I have some savings with me?

This is where I met my current boyfriend. He was recommended to me as a good working man. He and two other younger workers did some repairs at my house, brought in and removed building materials, even cleaned the well. Kirill was a foreman and once we agreed to meet with him, to celebrate the completion of work. And then it all went away. Personally, I fell in love like a schoolgirl. Although my companion was a few years younger than me.

I didn’t tell my kids about my relationship. I thought I had someone. But it was clear that they did not listen to my words seriously, or maybe they were simply not interested. Well, so be it. Each of us spent the New Year in our own way. Daughter with husband and child. My son and his wife have not yet had children. And I'm with Kirill, which, by the way, is very happy. It was a wonderful holiday, without overeating, loud screams and other things. Just the two of us, snacks and pleasant music in the background of the conversation.

But on New Year’s Eve, the kids decided to come and celebrate with me. I talked them out for a long time because I knew they were still dreaming of bringing me together with my ex-husband. He is still a father to them. He also acts like he was a victim in our marriage. I tell them, of course, that this is not going to happen. My son and daughter decided they knew better than me. Anyway, nothing new under the moon.

Seeing Kirill in my house, my son somehow reacted strangely: he just stared at one point and was silent, without saying a word almost to the end of the evening. Drinking, eating, and drinking. Apparently, he really couldn't believe that his mother could have a new man at that age. Well, what I can say is that these are not my problems. You should've listened to me earlier.

My daughter, on the other hand, kept asking questions all night. And where we first met, and what are we going to do next? I just wanted to find out all the secrets. Towards the end of the evening there were some very provocative questions. Like how much Kirill earns and what kind of tattoo he has on his wrist. When my man jokingly replied that it was a “mark” for him from the time he was in places not so remote, even his son woke up. Kirill smiled and said he was joking. But the son didn't stop.

The men started arguing, I got nervous, and my daughter started screaming about her father. A mess, a tantrum and a dump. Then my hands went in, I began to separate everyone and this was the end of our “holiday”. The kids are gone. The son on the doorstep said he would never recognize Kirill as a stepfather or even an acquaintance. He says he's telling lies. My daughter comforted me first, and then told me to come to her. And there, in the apartment I bought her, she'll teach me how to live.

Kirill stayed with me and helped me clean up the mess after the kids. He doesn’t blame anyone, anyone can be emotional. But that same evening he suggested I start living with him "as serious, grown-up people." Together, with all responsibility and stamp in the passport. At that time, I had not yet moved away from the scandal and did not even pay attention to his words. I agreed with everything. Why the hell did I get married when I was my age? Can't we have a relationship built on trust or 20 years old? I'm going to talk to Kirill about it, but I'm afraid things might go wrong.

Tags

See also

New and interesting