The daughter-in-law can not even brew tea herself, the son withers near such an incompetent, so I decided to take matters into my own hands.

As you grow up, life teaches Be more and more fit. This is normal, because any living creature somehow develops over time. However, the modern youth sometimes turns as if it were wrong.

In the sense that if you had to be able to cook something, wash something, repair something in the house and so on, now it's more automated. Food from delivery, things can be thrown into the machine and, without even patting, put on work, invite a team of experienced repairmen and ... remain a normal member of society.

The older generation looks with disbelief at these newfangled trends. For him, it is unclear how it is, an adult can not not only fix the socket, even change the light bulb in the apartment? This has been taught since childhood. And if you can close your eyes to some of the “defects” of your own child, then you can no longer give up on the “cons” of other people’s children. What about? Therefore, domestic conflicts in our time occur more and more often. Different generations do not have time to understand each other in a rapidly developing world.

All my life I considered and consider myself a good mother-in-law. I know thousands of stories of husbands' mothers morally bullying their daughters-in-law, and it always amazes me. Why? What's so bad about it when it's your son's choice? After all, she's the mother or future mother of your grandchildren. Family man! And yet you find the strength to argue with her on every trifle to saturate your ego? Or are there other reasons?

Don't get me wrong, but I think it's some kind of limitless nonsense. And yet... I recently noticed that I started treating my daughter-in-law differently. No, we are not fighting, and we have not had conflicts yet. But somewhere in my heart, she's starting to annoy me. It has only been 2 years since their wedding. My only son, and I realize he's not perfect, is trying to pull his strap as much as he can. But here she is. Today’s young people, what can you say?

Masha is 25 now, Pasha is 27. They both work, they have their own apartment. But if Paul returns home at 7pm, Mary is home by five. And I think we can at least try to do something for their common good. But no, she doesn’t have such thoughts. I don't know what they've got in there about family distribution, it's none of my business. But my son earns significantly more than his wife. Not that it makes a huge difference, but I guess he's more tired at work, too.

And as a normal hard worker, I think it would be nice for him to come home and eat delicious homemade food. But no. Masha refuses to cook, says that she never knew how to learn it is too late. So she orders home delivery or heats up some semi-finished products in the microwave. That's it. Have a good appetite, as they say. Just so you understand, my son is 2 meters tall and normal, male build. And she's a miniature girl, maybe 50 kilograms.

Pasha needs to eat normally just to maintain her body, while Masha lives on kefir, cottage cheese and oatmeal. That suits her. But I, as a mother and as a person, sometimes get scared for the life of my child. Complications with the gastrointestinal tract are very different and are treated long and painfully. Can't you think about that? Even in terms of the fact that he, as a breadwinner, could lose money for treatment. Family money, by the way.

Even when I visit them, I don’t see homemade food on the table. Everything is either cooked in the nearest cafe, or it is pizza and rolls from delivery. I won't bore you with my attitude towards raw fish and rice, but it's not the kind of food a woman my age would want to see. Moreover, it seems to me that it is simply uneconomical. I asked Pasha how he felt about it, and he said that life was too short to spend it at the stove, so he was on the side of his wife. Almost 30 years old, and a high school brain.

The rest of their household obligations are 50 to 50. Someone washes dishes, someone does laundry. Then they change. I have my own thoughts on this too, but I won’t mention them. Because I realize that in my lifetime, women had to do too much. And this is without modern household appliances, which work perfectly, know yourself, press the right button. All right, let him. But if the unwashed floor or unpainted shirt can not cause any harm, except that reputational. That food is different.

In short, a couple of months ago, I asked my son to come and help me move the furniture. He should have come alone. The work was there for 5 minutes at maximum, but I cooked him a delicious borscht in advance. I put a plate on and he destroyed it in one sitting. Then I asked for a supplement. Since then, he comes to me every two or three days and I cook him everything that my daughter-in-law was supposed to cook. It's our little secret.

Peels But again, it's been 2 months. Not that I'm sorry to cook for my own child or that I'm sorry for money for him. No, thank God, that's no problem. But I'm sorry, why do you need a wife? To be around and frown on beauty? These bouquet and candy tales work only at the beginning of a relationship. Not after a few years of marriage. Love is one thing, life is another thing. And if you really look at the truth, if Pasha was satisfied with such an attitude, he would not go to me for soup and patties. So the body demands it.

That's it. I didn't say a word to Masha about what I thought about her position on cooking. I don’t want to be another crazy mother-in-law who ruins the life of an innocent daughter-in-law. That's my position. But how long will this go on? A year? Two? And then when the kids go, what will they eat, instant noodles or oatmeal on almond milk? I don't get it. But life goes on and nothing changes.

What’s even sadder is that we don’t even have mutual acquaintances with whom I can talk. I would be very happy to ask how matchmakers relate to this situation. Unfortunately, they live very far away. We had only seen them once before. So I'm telling you my situation. Maybe someone is close and someone can tell their thoughts about it. And then we will see, from useful advice to refuse stupid. I wouldn't say no.

Tags

See also

New and interesting