The sister found out that I settled in the village, and decided to send my daughter to me, I regretted that I agreed.

To be honest, ruralize It's a controversial idea these days. Because it has its advantages, but there are also, of course, disadvantages. Most people want to leave for two reasons. Financial, because of the cheapness of housing and the ability to farm personally. And health – to be in peace, away from noisy cities and annoying neighbors.

However, there are many disadvantages in the village. You need to have good physical health, as well as a love of work. The village hut is not your private home. And growing vegetables and fruits for personal food is not an easy walk with a watering pot on a pleasant summer morning. This is not to mention the backward infrastructure and the inability to go to cafes, cinemas or the same supermarkets. You have to get used to the slow pace of life.

After my daughter got married, I realized I had nothing more to do in the city. My husband and I divorced a long time ago, but he acted like a man and left us an apartment, some money and even helped us financially for a while. So almost no difficulties in this regard, after the breakup, my daughter and I did not experience.

But the moment came when I realized it was time for me to live the life of a single woman. My daughter could no longer be torn between her mother and her family, nor did I ask for it. So I moved out of our old apartment to move to the village. My mother’s house was there and no one lived in it for a long time.

According to the documents, the house belonged to me and my sister, Svetlana. She, too, at one point chose to move to the city, so she agreed to give me her share for some money. We solved this issue very quickly and even amicably: I lived three days in their apartment, finally had a normal conversation with my niece, while my son-in-law and friends brought the house in the village in relative order.

Admittedly, the countryside is a lot of work. We need to mow grass, weeds. Repair the facade of the house, magic and over the internal walls of the premises. All this was done by men. Well, I already finished what was left: I put up the imported furniture, washed rooms, kitchen and so on. The move officially took place and I started a new life.

For several months, I, one might say, an urban man, excluding my childhood and youth, had to get used to monotonous labor. Of course, I'm not Robinson Crusoe, so some supplies were brought in from the city. They even brought me a TV and had the internet. I wasn't going to read books in the evening using the ray like our ancestors did.

But, nevertheless, working in the garden, delivering water from a well, burning a stove - it's not so easy for a city resident of my age. Somewhere I had to ask for advice from neighbors, and some even ask for help. A few more months passed and I finally got settled. I even got a cat to make it fun.

The news of my small but important victory reached my sister. Somewhere she met my daughter and, for once, decided to call me. Of course, I told her about my life, that I had no regrets about my decision to move, and that fresh air and peace had a positive effect on the nervous system. And people in our time are missing that.

Then Sveta invited me to spend some time with my niece in her village. Let the child also see what village life is, take a little rest from gadgets and get some fresh air. And I'll have company. As we both knew, she'd have enough room. My whole family used to live in this house. Well, I agreed why not. Week or two won't bother me at all.

But Rita, my niece, was a problem. At the age of 15, she showed herself to be a rather spoiled girl who did not want to do anything. Sitting on the phone, listening to music, avoiding me and only asking about where to go here to be interesting. Well, I can't keep saying it would be nice to go cherry-picking or going to the lake. Because the answer to that would be standard eye rolling and yawning.

By the way, I was very unusual that a girl her age constantly had makeup on her face. But she did not have a swelling, as some of her peers do. She looked beautiful, but this battle coloring was very important to her. I don't know who she wanted to impress, me or the cat.

And by the fourth week, other problems began to appear: I began to miss money. You see, even though I skimped at the local store, the groceries there cost money too. And we villagers don't have very thick wallets. I tried to buy my niece the best. The sister reacted very peculiarly to the news: “How is it that other families send grandchildren to grandmothers for the summer?” Nothing, and why can't you hold on? "

So I realized what category I was defined by my sister, and at the same time my niece. Grandma. I live in the country, I sit with my little niece and cat, I run the house. Now I'm grandma. I don’t care if we have a difference of two years!

After these statements, the philistine again woke up in me. I took out my makeup, which had been sent to some far corner earlier. I called a taxi from the tablet, which, by the way, cost me a penny. I packed Rita's things and went home with her, to Svetlana's sister. There, after a small but intense conversation in high tones, the child was returned to his native environment. And I went home alone. Completely satisfied.

When I came back to my village, I came to the conclusion that the city could get nervous even in such a secluded place. And I also learned that sometimes it's okay to let go of steam. Since that time, I have decided that I can stay for no more than a few days, whoever it is. I’m not going to be a grandma without grandchildren. I don't have them yet.

Tags

See also

New and interesting