I came home to rest and heal, but my daughters did not like that I did not bring money for them.

Sometimes, you know, in marriage, what is mercantile partner. When your relationship is literally tied to financial gain, and from the demands of various kinds of “gifts” is just a head spinning. It doesn't matter who it is. Both men and women are selfish. Another thing is what to do about it and how to behave.

It is worse when the children become mercantile. You can't divorce them. Their appetite is no less than that of adults. After 18 years, you don’t have to keep them. Unless they’re studying and can’t find a job. But the parent’s heart works differently. So, the self-interested can be calm: dad and mom will surely help again. As always, in fact.

When you work abroad, it is as if you do not own your mind and soul. I’m serious, without any exaggeration. Monotonous work, no one around, only strangers speaking a foreign language. Sometimes you have to have long internal monologues and even dialogues. Abstract and think about something else. It's like you're not here, but somewhere else.

Then of course you get used to it. But to the end to overcome the feeling of immense boredom personally I did not succeed. I don’t think my mental health has been affected. But I'm still holding on to the insane asylum until I get there. But because of standing on his feet all day, the lower back just screams. And the teeth aren't all right either. But that's probably age.

Because of my back and teeth, I decided to go home. To heal, and at the same time to be with relatives. My husband left us a few years ago. But we still have three kids. A son and two daughters. It so happened that I had already given my daughters what I wanted: raised, educated and bought each an apartment for the wedding. But Dima's son remained with me without a dowry.

I thought I should buy him an apartment. But it takes time, a lot of work to do. He's already married, what's the rush? A little rest will only help me. In addition, our hospitals and Western, of course, differ in quality, there is no dispute. But the prices there are also appropriate. What do I care how many teeth I have? It's a couple of days apart. But the savings are enormous.

Peels arrived, distributed the hotel, a couple of days just rested, did not even want to go somewhere for a walk. There's plenty of time, so there's no rush. My son met me at the airport, took me home, shared the news. My daughter-in-law cooked a lot of delicious things. From familiar home recipes. It's heaven. I wasn't in a hurry.

My daughters only arrived the second day. Business. And when they arrived, they immediately began to hint to me that hotels were one thing. But did I bring anything else besides them? I didn’t want to disappoint them, but no. No phones from abroad or other equipment. I just needed rest and treatment. In their changed faces, it was easy to read notes of indignation and disappointment.

So in the evening, when my son came home from work, I only talked to him. And the sister-in-law. And here's what I want to say: it's not the place itself that makes a warm conversation, it's the interlocutors. My son and daughter-in-law owed me nothing. They worked themselves and didn't look into my mouth like my daughters. So the conversation went well and smoothly. I found out where to get better, my son once again asked me not to go abroad.

It was real, you know? For the next couple of weeks, I was treated and pondered the situation. Only my daughter-in-law came to the hospital and brought homemade food. The daughters refused, said that they have a lot to do at home, and I can buy something ready myself. No gifts, no communication.

And here's what I've learned. While I’m at home, I’ll just relax and enjoy nature. In our city, unfortunately, there are not many places where you can go to relax. No work either. I have been working abroad for over 10 years. So my kids can do their own thing, I won't bother them.

My son, as I said, gave up his apartment, wants me to stay. But he needs help. It's not fair. I will probably find out how much it will cost to bring a normal foreign car to us and give it to my son and daughter-in-law. And I will fulfill his request, and for myself I will remain a man who has a conscience.

My daughters, of course, are another matter. My father treated them like princesses. He wanted his son to be an athlete. But now they're adults. And they continue to behave like two capricious ladies. What is this? If you want gifts from your mother at that age, at least try to cook something.

No, that's not how it works. No more gifts or expensive purchases. Let them learn to live only on their own. Next time I come, they won't want a glass of water. Why would I want such heiresses?

Tags

See also

New and interesting