My mom told me she wanted to rewrite the house on me, but now I don't know how my sister will react.

Not often. borrowersThey feel moral pressure on their creditors. This is human psychology: too much stress will prevent our brains from focusing on the goal. Accordingly, the chances of timely repayment of debt are rapidly declining.

Therefore, banks (and others) learned many, many years ago to remind their debtors of their financial obligations. Collector agencies are doing very well to this day. They've been stripped of their rights, of course, but still. Another question is what to do if you lend informally and a relative. Is there any chance he will ever return what he promised?

When I was a kid, my older sister called me a badass, sighed that she didn’t know who I would be when I grew up. That's how it happened. I'm 33 now and I totally agree with her long-standing experiences. And most importantly, I don't even know what I would change if I could turn back time. On the one hand, I did nothing outright wrong. Why, then, am I so unhappy with my life?

Mom must have felt something. Because from an early age, she gave Vera the task of looking after me. Our three-year difference would seem small to the average person. But mentally, it was a real chasm between us. My sister studied much better than I did, and did her homework well and quickly. And now I know she was even prettier then.

A small village school didn't require too much from students. Just come to class and you will be considered an average. That's what I did. I didn't bother too much with the objects because I knew it wouldn't lead to anything anyway. Either you are seriously preparing for final exams and applying for higher education, or you do not worry and get a standard certificate, like everyone else.

As you probably already know, Vera is one of the few who went to university after school. She managed to realize her dream and moved to study in the capital. I remember that I was inspired by my sister’s success and also tried to sit down for textbooks. But I failed. Probably a different mindset.

I visited Vera several times in the city. But I cannot call these trips interesting. I kept expecting her to show me some beautiful places, nightclubs, pretty boys. But, on the contrary, it has become even more serious. I started wearing glasses and strict clothes. Even my voice changed. And she kept talking about her new subjects, her teachers and all that. It was clear that my sister was in her own world.

After school, I decided to take a year or two to deal with myself. There was a post office near our house, where I settled without much trouble. With my two grandmothers, I looked very profitable, so more and more young people started coming to us. I started a serious relationship with one of them. And then Slavik became my husband.

When I was eight months pregnant, Vera shared the news that she had finally landed her dream job. With prospects and a good salary. I asked her about the financial situation. And the figures she mentioned seemed to me not only exaggerated, but even cosmic.

Two years later, I was in position again. My sister was working on her mortgage. She wanted a three-bedroom apartment, even though she was not married. As far as I know, she just broke up with another guy. That’s how different people can be.

When I found out I was expecting my third child, my mother was overjoyed. She said she was glad both of her daughters, though completely different, were able to find themselves in life. That same day, she announced that she was going to rewrite our house entirely on me. I have a big family and need a lot of space. Vera's doing great. Of course, I need to discuss this with her, but she probably won’t mind.

But my mother didn’t know that every time I went to see my sister in the city, I borrowed some money from her. Just for a living. Glory worked, but in our region paid pennies. We already have three children. It took so much! Each time I wrote down my new debt in a notebook to pay for everything in the future. Now I can feel how people who have borrowed money feel.

And then there's the house situation. I knew perfectly well that on all sides this decision was unfair to my sister. And if she kicked me out of the door, I'd understand. But when she heard about her mother’s decision, Vera smiled. She said she would never raise the issue herself, because I was the one who stayed in the village with my mother and the household. And she was able to pursue a career.

It turned out that the children never interested her. She enjoyed learning, achieving, making money. But she is a woman, a continuation of the family. So my mom would always get over it. But it just so happened that I managed for both of us, which Vera was very happy about. In fact, she forgives all my debts and is going to continue to help me. I did her that favor.

Since then, I have felt something different. Sounds good. Kids, husband. All fed, all dressed. It's a sin to complain. And the village is quiet, calm. No nerves or worries. Compared to the big city, that's for sure. But for some reason it gnaws at me that my sister can now afford a lot, even though she is alone. I don't know why. But that hasn't happened before. And now these thoughts hardly leave my head.

Tags

See also

New and interesting