It's always been curious why girls like men older than themselves, research has shown

The first summer school holidays in my life. I wake up and see on the opposite wall a reproduction of a picture depicting a wedding, and standing in front of the priest a man older than the girl. She's a bride, I understand. Much older. Well, like Grandpa's older than me. I manage to feel that I feel sorry to tears for the bride and the sad young man standing behind her with his arms crossed on his chest. It seems that he helps himself not to cry.

A man older than a girl then absorbs the attention of an unveiling dress. A lush skirt in the floor made of luxurious fabric, cast in silver and gold, covers the thin waist of a submissive and very sad figure. Pinned to the lime brush flerdoranja means the purity of youth (grandmother's explanation). And - the spirit seized - lace on sleeves and veil! How? How was the artist able to convey their subtlety, lightness, transparency with the help of heavy and not transparent oil paint?

We need to take a closer look. And I climb a table covered in green velvet tablecloth. I read under the reproduction: Vasily Pukirev “Unequal marriage”

I was fascinated by the image of a sad mystical atmosphere. Who's the old lady in the wedding dress standing next to the priest? Why is it dark, dark, and all the light is given to a young bride who grieves at her own wedding? Who is this young man who watches with bitterness?

And I imagined the fate of the characters of the Pukirev masterpiece, trying to save the young heroine from a joyless life with such a nasty old man. From folk songs, proverbs and proverbs, literary works, historical facts, we can conclude that there are plenty of problems in unequal marriages. And situations like the one depicted in Pukirev’s painting happened quite often. But in the old days, the feeling of love at marriage was not always taken into account, marriage was given, often by force.

Even today, marriages in which the husband is much older than the wife occur. When model Lina Nilsson was 20, she said that she completely lost her head from the famous fashion designer Roberto Cavalli. And the difference of 47 years did not stop the couple.

Young Oona O’Neill married Charlie Chaplin, despite the disapproval of many in the environment of lovers and the fact that her husband was older by 36 years. The couple considered their union happy. Eight children were born and raised in this marriage.

Surely you know the difficult story of Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones and how they together managed to cope with Catherine’s nervous breakdown and almost incurable ailment of Michael.

And among people who are not famous, such unions are not so rare. Despite the fact that relations between people are in the zone of their personal space, there are always enough curious and willing to talk about the causes and motives of unequal marriages. Especially when one spouse is more wealthy than the other.

Here talkative connoisseurs of affairs of the heart, as a rule, are unanimous: the motive is big money. This may explain some of the marriages. But more often than not, girls are motivated by other factors.

And since many people are wondering why girls are attracted to older men, WhatsYourPrise surveyed more than 100,000 first daters of young women with older men. Studies have shown the reasons why many girls tend to build relationships and start a family with someone older than themselves. Many of the answers were similar.

Here are a few of the most typical: “Life experiences make them more resilient emotionally, stable and committed to what they want”, “They (not all, but many) treat you with respect, talk to you, know how to listen and hear you, share with you”, “Such men are more aware, have clear life goals. They are also more likely to seek loyalty in a relationship, which is what I want," "It's nice to be orderly in your life, firmly aware of what you want in the future. They are usually more independent, independent.”

A man older than a girl: the causes of stability. Maturity. Wisdom. This is what most often attracts girls and young women in men older than themselves. Not a bank account.
At the same time, many of the respondents prefer the age distance between partners no more than ten years. The most common number was 6. Why not 5 or 7?

I don't understand. Brandon Wade, CEO of the site, said: Women tend to grow up before men. For this reason, most women do not like dating peers or men younger than themselves.”

I remember that in 2019, the famous dancer and choreographer Grigory Chapkis (89 years old) in one of the last interviews shared the secret of happiness: “Now I live with a woman who, I hope, will be with me until the last days.” She accepts me for who I am. She's 38 years old and she helps me live, gives me a boost. I have to take care of someone, make surprises.

He's no longer on the ground. But there is a mysterious woman who holds in her heart, hopefully, grateful joy for the time she spent together. Do you agree?

Tags

See also

New and interesting