The daughter-in-law said she wouldn't come and help in the garden unless I signed half of my house for them.

Many parents consider it their duty. house. Therefore, they invest all available resources in their home throughout their lives to make their son or daughter comfortable here in the future.

And this task is not removed even when the child has already grown up and acquired his own living space. There are several children and only one house. How do you do it so that no one feels deprived?

Today's edition. "Site" She will share the story of an elderly reader who lives alone in a small house in a village. Adult sons come to the pensioner, but help reluctantly. And the daughter-in-law refuses to work at the site of her mother-in-law.

I live in a large village, there is a cozy house with a garden and a plot of land. My husband passed away four years ago and I can’t do it alone. Sons after school immediately went to the city, and there and settled, while working, married a long time ago. But there is little help from them, complains 61-year-old Valentina Petrovna.

“The eldest son has many concerns, he comes very rarely. I'm not judging him. I know how difficult it is for him. And the wife is sick, and the children are small, and at work you need to beat out the weekend with a fight. You're not going anywhere.

“But the youngest son and daughter-in-law can come at least every week. No kids, she's still a student, free time car. And at first, I could rely on them. However, for a long time their help was not enough. In fact, the daughter-in-law was missing.”

“Lydka started asking me stupid questions. Why do I plant so many potatoes and onions? Why do I have so many carrots and beets on the site? Where am I going to put all these cucumbers and squash and tomatoes? ?

“Of course I was angry at the sister-in-law’s remarks. Where to? I'll give you something, I'll keep something, I'll take something older. Don't worry, you won't have to throw anything away. Any vegetables, berries and fruits can be rolled into jars and then left. I will put them in the cellar, they will not be lost.”

“Lidka was not satisfied with that answer. She's a city girl, used to buying everything in the supermarket. She says that she can bring a jar of cucumbers from the store at any time. Which one is she? ?

“Not only do all the products cost money and are constantly becoming more expensive, they are also brought from nowhere. Yes, your tomatoes can not even be compared with the plastic that the son and daughter-in-law buy in their supermarkets exorbitantly.

The daughter-in-law's outrageous offer "And this weekend the youngest came alone." My son confessed that Lidka did not want to spend his weekends in my garden. But if I had written half the house on them, then it would be different. The daughter-in-law would feel like a full-fledged mistress here. And she would be more willing to help.”

“I was indignant at this proposal, because it was very brazen on the part of a newly-minted relative. But I decided to leave my sons half the house. I really wanted to do it much later. Especially since they already have their own homes.”

“And now I don't even know what to do. If I give half the house to the younger, the older child will be offended. And if I give each one half now, then where will I live? I don’t have a second home, Valentina Petrovna is confused.

What would you do in the place of this hardworking and economical pensioner? Share your advice and opinions in the comments. Surely from this difficult situation you can find the right way out.

Tags

See also

New and interesting