I told my children to ask for money for my sick husband, but I had to take a loan.

“My husband and I need financial help, but the children do not care about us!” – complains Tatyana Sergeevna. The woman faced a lot of problems when her husband was in the hospital. She tried to reach out to her daughters and son. In response, she received only empty promises.

Why Tatiana Sergeevna’s children grew up so indifferent, we find out in today’s history.

My husband and I have always dreamed of having several children. And we succeeded. I gave birth to Sashenka when I was 22 years old. After 3 years, our average girl, Aniutka, was born. And 3 years later I gave birth to my youngest daughter Xenia.

Vanya and I went out of our way to put everyone on their feet. My husband didn’t get out of Poland, he took any job so we could save money. Fortunately, all children went to the budget and received education for free. But the money was still needed.

The eldest son married before anyone else. Of course, we had to arrange a wedding. I was lucky that my daughter-in-law’s parents were good people. They said they would take half of the cost. After the wedding, the son went abroad with his wife on some cunning work program. My husband and I did not do this because we trust our son. If he said it was good, let him go. Since then, 15 years have passed and the son has never returned home.

A couple of years later, Aniutka got married. Wedding money again. We were lucky to have our husband’s apartment. He inherited it. We agreed to give housing to our daughter. We'll only give you money for repairs. Well, Anyuta herself was also invested in the repair with her husband. Not as serious as me and Vanya.

The youngest daughter soon went under the crown. Our savings were almost at zero. But we did it somehow! She was lucky to marry a wealthy young man. He volunteered to pay for the whole wedding, and we gave the young people a honeymoon trip abroad.

Grateful children - illusion On a comfortable old age left kukish with butter! But I wasn't worried about it. I was confident that I could rely on my children wherever they were. But I've never been so wrong before.

When the children began to live apart, they seemed to forget about us, their parents. Sasha, of course, living abroad, did not communicate with us very often. The sister-in-law loved the company of her mother-in-law, who promised to rewrite her apartment for my grandson. And Xyusha just enjoyed his life. She and her husband traveled frequently. We never had a warm relationship.

In general, when my husband and I needed financial assistance, the children and the trail froze. Vanya ended up in the hospital. The illness took him by surprise. We're not young anymore! My husband was 65 this year and I was 60. Our pension is not very big. Money is critically short, you know what the prices are. I don’t know how long my husband will have to stay in the hospital.

A son from Canada promised to send some money, but all this is empty words. Anya and Xenia sent me real pennies. This is not enough for a day of treatment. And I can't pressure them. I explained the situation, this is the answer from them. None of the girls even came to the hospital!

I'm so sad, I don't know what to do. I had to borrow money from the bank to make ends meet. We can do this! It's just a shame that kids grew up like this.

Life Wisdom: What does this story teach us? We do not know the details of how Tatiana Sergeevna raised her children. Perhaps she spoiled them a lot as a child? One way or another, ingratitude towards parents in adulthood is a frequent phenomenon. Changing your adult children is unlikely. However, it makes sense to talk to them and explain why their actions are so painful. What do you say?

Tell me, what would you do in the place of the main character?

Tags

See also

New and interesting