The expert taught to blow on the thumb, I repeat every day

"Calm, only calm," Carlson sentences in tense moments. And he really knows how to calm himself down even before meeting thieves. You probably want, like him, to maintain a positive attitude towards life, despite the sudden anxiety. Editorial "Site" Hurry to help.

First, let’s remind you of a very popular breathing technique “square”:

How to Breathe to Calm Down
  1. Sit straight and comfortably so that your feet stand confidently on the floor or on the ground.
  2. On the count of "1 - 2 - 3 - 4" breathe slowly and deeply.
  3. Hold your breath on the same count.
  4. Again repeat to yourself “1 – 2 – 3 – 4” – and slowly exhale.
  5. Hold your breath again on 4 counts.

It turns out a kind of "square". Repeat the exercise until you feel that mental balance is restored.

The waves on the sea are less than in the shower

If you are very worried before an important conversation or performance, use the following technique: breathe slowly and deeply, spend ten times in the upper palate. Here is a way to calm yourself even before talking to your mother-in-law or mother-in-law.

But what does that have to do with the thumb? I will. Many future parents keep a touching video or photo of ultrasound, where the unborn while the baby or baby sucks the thumb. Neonatologist Lyudmila Dergun explained that children not only calm themselves, but also instinctively help the successful development of many internal organs. Sucking a finger, they stimulate the vagus nerve that connects the brain with all the important insides of the body.

Adults are also useful to learn several techniques related to the positive effects on the body of vagus nerve stimulation and slow, deep breathing, so that they know how to calm themselves in cases of severe anxiety.

As you know from the explanation above, sometimes simple action helps to calm down. Blow on your thumb. Armed with a pulse oximeter, I blew on my thumb for 30 seconds. I was not particularly worried or at all worried. Before the start of the experiment, the pulse was 90 beats per minute, and after half a minute - 77. So, really, the heart rate is decreasing, we feel calmer.

Many of the guys from our editorial office came up with a simple look at fractals. From the course of geometry, we remember that this is a figure that has the property of self-similarity. Simply put, it is a pattern in a kaleidoscope from childhood, and clouds in the sky, and leaves of trees. The longer you look at the natural wonders, the calmer and easier it becomes at heart.

Try to massage the earlobes. You need to start from the inside of the lobes and then slowly move to their outside. But the movements should be extremely gentle, do not press hard. 10 minutes and you're full of energy, like after a cup of coffee.

Editorial Board

Smile more, no matter how it sounds. “Is there enough strength to smile when anxiety is eating?” you may doubt. It turns out that not only will there be enough strength, but also general well-being will improve: something like reverse movement will work. It is not only true that if people smile, they feel good, but also that people feel good when they smile. We smile more often and have a good mood.

Tags

See also

New and interesting